Best M4 Wall Mount?

Jill

The Spartan mount looks like it would work fine. It is 3D printed, but still good quality. I searched to try and find a .stl file for a similar mount to print, but I don't see any.

I 3D print wall mounts, but they are typically two hangers, not just a single piece. For AR-15s I like to hang them with a magazine in the magazine well so I never use the magazine well hangers. With my Benelli M4 I typically keep a shell ready to be racked into the chamber so I wouldn't be interested in a one piece mount like that.

12 minutes ago, Jill said:

Interesting. Is that the same as what some people refer to as 'ghost loading'?

When the magazine tube is full, I pull back the bolt, drop a shell over the lifter and close the bolt with no shell in the chamber. That way all I have to do is grab the shotgun, rack the bolt and it's ready to go. It's just a personal preference. Ghost loading is very similar, but if I'm not mistaken, people also have a shell in the chamber for absolute max shell capacity. I keep a round chambered in my carry pistols, but I prefer not to with any of my other weapons.

I'm guessing you overlooked it...?

https://www.blacrac.com/product/4130-m-shotgun-security-kit-with-key/

Simply sharing info. Now for a review of the actual Blac Rac: I have a couple of the Blac Rac locks for ARs (adjustable and fits just about anything including pistols and shottys). If you get it squared away per manufacturer specs no one is going to be separating the lock from whatever is in the Blac Rac lock without a LOT of effort.

On 12/7/2022 at 6:15 PM, Jill said:

Interesting. Is that the same as what some people refer to as 'ghost loading'?

No, 'ghost loading' was a way early imported Benelli auto loaders could be loaded with the magazine completely full, then you'd drop a shell on the carrier with the bolt pulled back about 3/4 the length of the shell, and then push another into the chamber and then close the bolt. This wasn't designed specifically to do this. It was an anti-jam feature so that if a shell missed the magazine cartridge stop and ended up on the lifter, the gun would not release a shell next time it cycles and it clears the lifter for the next shot then back to normal after that. This mostly only affected the HK imported ones though I've seen a couple very early non-HK ones that could do it as well. I know for sure the Montefeltro, M1, M3, and SBE1 could. I am guessing most all of them from that era could though. It was honestly a very clever feature that was unfortunately discovered and abused. I never have researched to see if that feature still exists internally, and just can't be used manually.

On 12/7/2022 at 10:34 PM, Sukhoi_fan said:

I'm guessing you overlooked it...?

https://www.blacrac.com/product/4130-m-shotgun-security-kit-with-key/

Simply sharing info. Now for a review of the actual Blac Rac: I have a couple of the Blac Rac locks for ARs (adjustable and fits just about anything including pistols and shottys). If you get it squared away per manufacturer specs no one is going to be separating the lock from whatever is in the Blac Rac lock without a LOT of effort.

I was just about to purchase this until I saw that it takes a proprietary key. I was considering this: https://www.shotlock.com/shotgun but don’t like that it covers the receiver forcing me to remove my side saddle. Its velcro, so not too much of a big deal. Now if only there was something in between, something like the BlacRac but with some kind of simplex lock like the Shotlock.