M3/Supernova collapsible stock QD socket

capt_jack994

On 12/10/2022 at 7:41 PM, capt_jack994 said:

I noticed this hole in the stock that appears to be made for a QD socket, however I can’t find anything specific about adding one. If anyone knows which (if any) QD mount will fit even if modification is necessary I’d appreciate some advice. 

31D9CAD1-E223-4ABE-8CFD-073D15EBE37A.jpeg

I put a QD socket in mine…..I’ll get pics later today

On 12/16/2022 at 2:54 PM, M2_shootr said:

Your call as to whether this is a “bubba attempt” or what.

57713071-33CB-4E8F-B421-F8ABBB334CEB.jpeg

484E70F6-1AEA-45D0-8E6F-8802B10E8C3E.jpeg

I'm curious how that QD socket was installed. From what I can see in the pics, it doesn't appear that it was installed in the conventional manor. I could be wrong, but that's just how it looks to me. I'm not criticizing, just curious how it was done.

In the past I have used threaded GrovTech QD Sling Bases. Just drill, thread and screw them in. I also used Gorilla Glue just to be thorough. I don't know if these would work well with that stock or not, but they work perfectly for Magpul stocks, cost less and seat flush.

I looked at doing just that

Simply not enough stock material for a screw in insert like the one you linked. The sidewalls of the socket are very thin. I installed with hardware shown. I then filled the off side with devcon. 

I believe I did this two and a half years ago……no issues to date 

Edited by M2_shootr