2002 Benelli SBE Value

Rex

I have an opportunity to buy a mint condition SBE in matte black made in 2002 for $1,000. The gun was only used on one hunting trip. I will use it for waterfowl hunting. I don't want to spend over $1,000 and the alternative to buying this Benelli is a brand new Winchester SX4 Waterfowl edition which is the highest rated, has latest technology and is in my price range. 

Does it make sense to buy a shotgun that is 21 years old verses buying a new one that is around the same price?

Edited by Rex

• 10 months later...
On 2/18/2023 at 7:26 AM, Rex said:

I have an opportunity to buy a mint condition SBE in matte black made in 2002 for $1,000. The gun was only used on one hunting trip. I will use it for waterfowl hunting. I don't want to spend over $1,000 and the alternative to buying this Benelli is a brand new Winchester SX4 Waterfowl edition which is the highest rated, has latest technology and is in my price range. 

Does it make sense to buy a shotgun that is 21 years old verses buying a new one that is around the same price?

Rex, send me his info if you have it