Shooting high and to the left

acmf74

Today I took out my new SBE (right handed) out for the first time. I was using rifled slugs and a Improved cylinder choke. I was consistently shooting high and to the left. I read the manual on the drop shim kit but I'm still confused. Any recommendations?

(50 yard range)

Doesn't that SBE have a place for a mount??..If so..If your gonn'a shoot a lot of slugs & ya want Sniper "Like " hits...ya might wann'a try an optical site..

I put a Kobra site that has 4 different chevrons & can pop the **** out'a golfballs out pass'd a 100 yards....After that ...they hit like artillary shells anyways....:)

Buck,

What do you mean by "snap shooting?

I lined up the mid bead and the front bead. Should I be using the figure "8" aiming style? Meaning the mid bead on the bottom and the end bead on top.

[ 10-18-2006, 08:04 PM: Message edited by: acmf74 ]

I think by snap shooting he either means that you're shouldering the gun and shooting quickly (as in birds flushing and getting away...hurry up and shoot), or you're going into a Southern man's garden and killing his green beans.

You should be seeing a figure 8 sight picture with the target fully visible just above the 8.

As others have stated, the best advice for shooting slugs is to mount some sort of scope or red dot and tweak from there.

Originally posted by tucker301:

THE FORUMS ARE NOT A CONDUIT TO CUSTOMER SERVICE. ALL CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTIONS AND CONCERNS SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO CUSTOMER SERVICE VIA PHONE OR EMAIL (301-283-6981). DO NOT POST CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTIONS IN THE FORUMS.

Thanks...read it and have called it before. I wanted to see if anyone had any feedback from Benelli on this issue.