M4 Charging Handle

Brandon101884

Most of the aftermarket charging handles offer a bigger handle with more surface area to grab. Makes it easier to grip and hold when under stress. Some of it is cosmetic or brand loyalty when choosing, but they all offer what I stated in the first sentence.

I have a Dave’s Metal Works on mine. Works great

Edited by Lakotah
  • Upvote 1

I just change mind our and OMG that little of a thing is a world of difference.

Once you do you'll never go back. just say'n

I felt they are a little over priced especially from brand name places but they are some priced in the 25 price points and as high up as you care to go. I paid 45 before and 67 after tax and shipping.

I can't seem to include a pic - must be after hours. I'll try and include a picture of mine with the OEM and the new one.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Brandon101884 said:

I keep seeing pictures of people having bought different charging handles for their M4. I’m kind of a noob when it comes to this so, what difference does it make? Best one out there? Or is it all cosmetic?

Freedom Fighter Tactical does a whole video on this subject that might be useful. I know what you mean about being a "noob" to these beautiful weapons. I just recently bought a new M4 and I am still learning everything about them. So hopefully this will help.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, StreetSweeper56 said:

It is a critical part that could easily be lost under stress. Best to have a spare or two was my thinking and I, personally, like a larger knob than the OEM.

i agree with this. i may sell off a few when i have made up my mind on which i like best but either way i will keep at least one as back up. probably the oem. 

• Upvote 1