922r Compliance

Brandon101884

For those of you who bought the LE versions of the M4, what 4 parts did you change? I can’t decide what will alter the gun the least. Any of these swaps make a big difference in performance? This is a list of what needs to be changed..

1. Receiver
  2. Barrel
  3. Bolt
  4. Bolt carrier
  5. Gas piston
  6. Trigger housing
  7. Trigger
  8. Hammed
  9. Disconnector
  10. Buttstock (with integral pistol grip)
  11. Forearm/handguard (forend)
  12. Magazine body
  13. Follower

On 3/25/2023 at 7:02 PM, Brandon101884 said:

For those of you who bought the LE versions of the M4, what 4 parts did you change? I can’t decide what will alter the gun the least. Any of these swaps make a big difference in performance? This is a list of what needs to be changed..

1. Receiver
  2. Barrel
  3. Bolt
  4. Bolt carrier
  5. Gas piston
  6. Trigger housing
  7. Trigger
  8. Hammed
  9. Disconnector
  10. Buttstock (with integral pistol grip)
  11. Forearm/handguard (forend)
  12. Magazine body
  13. Follower

The easiest is the trigger housing, follower, mag tube & handguards.

19 minutes ago, 12508 said:

922r relates to the ASSEMBLY of an imported, non-sporting firearm.

You didn't do the assembling (someone ahead of you in the supply chain did) therefore 922r doesn't apply to you.

Where did you find this information? Everything I see says if I have both an adjustable stock and a full size barrel that I need to change 4 parts to US made parts. This whole thing is super confusing.

2 hours ago, Brandon101884 said:

Where did you find this information? Everything I see says if I have both an adjustable stock and a full size barrel that I need to change 4 parts to US made parts. This whole thing is super confusing.

Here is the text of the law.

r)It shall be unlawful for any person to assemble from imported parts any semiautomatic rifle or any shotgun which is identical to any rifle or shotgun prohibited from importation under section 925(d)(3) of this chapter as not being particularly suitable for or readily adaptable to sporting purposes except that this subsection shall not apply to—

(1)
the assembly of any such rifle or shotgun for sale or distribution by a licensed manufacturer to the United States or any department or agency thereof or to any State or any department, agency, or political subdivision thereof; or
(2)
the assembly of any such rifle or shotgun for the purposes of testing or experimentation authorized by the Attorney General.

On 3/30/2023 at 2:17 PM, Brandon101884 said:

if that were the case, a dealer wouldn't have been able to sell you a LE model. They are already complaint, as is. That's how I understand it, anyway.

Edited by Kahamu