SBE Steady Grip Question

VonFatman

I have a SBE. It's a camo 26" Lefty.

My question(s):

Is it worth my time/money to purchase & install the "Camo Steady Grip" on my SBE if my main use is as a trukey gun?

Since I do not need the forearm, can the rear stock ONLY be purchased?

Where would I find the best deal on the rear "Steady Grip" should I elect to buy one?

Thanks!

VonFatman

• 3 weeks later...

Von, if your referring to the standard pistol grip full length stock as the "steady grip" or as i've heard it "vertical positive control grip" the answer would probably be yes

i say probably becuase you say your turkey hunting now in 90% of the time a turkey hunter will turn down a vertical gripped shotgun just for that fact, they have gotten to much in the tradition of using the standard stock thus they don't want to mess with it, secondly you ask is it worth your time/money ..well thats all up to you, and really how you hunt, IMHO if you just sit in a bind and call them in or sit against a tree then YES its worth its weight in GOLD to have ..for 1 simple reason. ..you can control the whole gun even fire and still have 1 hand free to do what ever is needed to do. I have personally tried this on my own, with my shotgun and it works everytime. secondly if your a mover instead of staying from spot to spot you had might want to hold a gun very similar to yours *at the dealer ship* and see how it feels, its either a love/hate thing with them, some hunters won't do without them, some don't do with them...so from that i'd say get ahold of a gun close to what you have with the grip on it and hold it for a good 10 20 min *explain to the dealer what your doing so you don't get too many funny looks* and see if you like it

if you do then great because YES dealers can order 1 piece at a time because thats how i got the pistol grip stock put on mine ..its the M1S90 Practical which came with the standard stock, the dealer said for X amout more he'd switch it out before i bought it and to this day i've never shot the weapon with the orignal stock on it .. oh one last thing the "steady grip" stocks are just like the normal stocks in that you can use the 3 different drop settings to adjust it to where you want it

hope i could help

Wulf

Lupinus Nobilitas

________

BMW K1100RS

Edited by Wulf

Thanks Wulf,

I will try one out at a dealer's shop to be sure...as I generally do not blind hunt anymore...I can sometimes end up sitting at a tree for awhile when the bird(s) are not cooporating!

I like to keep moving..unless it's mid-morning or mid-afternoon nap time!!

VonFatman

that was the biggest problem i ran into whil doing the mid afternoon hunt, never saw anything but the inside of my eyelids..IMHO best naps one can ever take is in the tranquility of a nice forrest or open view to a open medow, ..its the small things i really appreciate

hope i could help you with your decision on the vertical grip if you have any more questions please lemme know i have one on my M1 Practical as i stated above and i absolutly love it

take care and be well

Wulf

Lupinus Nobilitas

________

Harley-Davidson FXEF

Edited by Wulf