Benelli M1014 Limited Edition

RED3171

I just bought a used (20 rnds through it) M1014. It did not come with the instruction manual, but the previous owner is trying to find it. I'm trying to find out what choke is the factory barrel. Is it OK to use slugs with the barrel out to about 100 yards? How difficult is it to get a replacement 18" barrel with the removable choke system?

RED3171,the choke is a modified,with the extra thick heavyduty military barrel,you can shoot slugs through that barrel,it won't hurt anything.I know that in the future the m4s will be out with interchangable choke barrels and thats when the barrel will probably be offerred seperately.Definetly get the owners manual, one way or another get it.Enjoy the finest shotgun produced,you won''t be disappointed.seeya M1014 smile.gif

M1014,

Thanks for the info. Do you use a sling on your shotgun? I'm trying to find one that fits the adjustable stock on the M1014. I'm not sure if they make one special for the stock. The barrel end looks standard.

Thanks,

RED

hey RED3171,A sling or groceries this week? hmmmm,tough choice, just kidding man.I'll have to wait on a sling myself.Right before you got on this forum this question was brought up on the same firearm,I can't seem to locate it,ask around, shop the internet,read about it in the mags,by the way Guns and Weapons oct 2003 has an article our baby.

Good Day to Ya, M1014 smile.gif

M1014,

I ended up taking one of my standard slings off of one of my AR-15's, and put it on. It's mounted off to the side of the stock due to the design, but it works. I also have a Giles tactical sling for my AR's, but I think I'll just stick with the standard on the Benelli. Did you end up putting the 2 shot mag tube extension on yours? Since I don't have the manual, I wasn't sure if you are supposed to replace the mag spring when you put the extension on. It seems the stock spring works fine. If you want to see the way I mounted the sling, I'll send you a digital photo. Let me know.

RED3171

I have a sling suggestion. Try CQB Solutions - their SOP Sling, Universal model. wwwcqbsolutions.com; 559 635 1172 - ask for Jeff - he is really helpful. It is extra thick - 1.5", so it is really comfortable, yet the attachment points are smaller so they fit standard sling attachments. The SOP fits weapons with existing slide sling loops or swivels. It attaches through the rear vertical loop on the collapsing stock and the front sling loop. It also has a quick release and ability to do quick side to side transitions. Like none other I have seen. BTW, their site was down at the moment temporarily. Be persistent. Stay safe.

On the subject of the 2 shot extension tube - the existing spring works. And BTW, the addition of the extension tube is in direct violation of the Brady Bill. It is a felony to have over 5 shots in the mag on a shotgun with a pistol grip on a post-ban gun. You woud have to change to the fixed stock with no pistol grip to be legal on the extension tube. Just a friendly fyi - better you hear it from me than mr. policeman.

Gentlemen,your point is well taken,thanks for the website address,I installed the mag tube extension with the same spring also, works like a charm.The manual is very important ,the person you bought the firearm from may have found it by now.I also have pics I would like to show of the Benelli family.Saftey First,M1014 :cool: