New Recoil Pad

jimdandy

Due to recent shoulder surgery, i was thinking about a different recoil pad for my 12 gauge Montefeltro. I only use it for sporting clays( 1 ounce loads). Which brand or model to you think would work the best? What about one of the new gel pads? Thanks.

I don't know anything about the XCoil other than HiViz markets it. Kick-Eeze pads have a good reputation also. I've got a few, I believe they're the all purpose models and I'm happy with them. Sorbothane, the stuff their made of, is some wonder material i guess but who knows 'cause it's a company claim.

I have a similar shotgun a Beretta pintail. They are similar in weight and both use a recoil style action. When new my pintail beat the crap out of my shoulder. I bought a sims limbsaver on cheaper than dirt and really like it. I have shot 250 3 dram shells in a day wearing a t-shirt with out soreness or bruising. The limbsaver has brought the recoil down to a level near my SBEII. I would reccomend it to anyone.

Originally posted by hank_612:

I have a similar shotgun a Beretta pintail. They are similar in weight and both use a recoil style action. When new my pintail beat the crap out of my shoulder. I bought a sims limbsaver on cheaper than dirt and really like it. I have shot 250 3 dram shells in a day wearing a t-shirt with out soreness or bruising. The limbsaver has brought the recoil down to a level near my SBEII. I would reccomend it to anyone.

Hank:

Sorry for the last blank reply, seems I have done that before. Hank, do you know if the limbsaver for the SBE 1 is fitted so can just be apply to stock without grinding pad edges etc.? I know you were talking about a different gun but thought you might know or someone else listening. Thanks

Cheaper than Dirt has only two items. one is for the Winchester 1300 and the other is for a over the end of the stock. Which one did you purchnase that replaces the original? Best, Robert ;) Found them: Cat. Item #39379 Mfg. Item:10401 $21.78 Plus shipping

[ 07-21-2004, 02:39 PM: Message edited by: Robert II ]

I got all my limbsaver pads at the bass pro shop in Charlotte. All of them were ones that replace the old originals. They look and feel better then the ones that slip over. You can also go to Sims Vibration Laboratory website and order directly from them or find your closest dealer. I checked the bass pro catalog and they don't offer them, I got them in the actual store. Why they aren't in the catalog I am not sure. Hope that helps.