CHENEY SHOOTS HUNTER

usmarine

CHENEY SHOOTS HUNTER

The shooting was first reported by the Corpus Christi Caller-Times.

"It was just one of those things that unfortunately happens quite often when hunting."

-Kathryn Garcia

Quite often??? Neither me, nor my friends have ever been shot. All of us hunters must be real dumbasses, according to this paper.

:mad:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the lady that owns the ranch they were hunting at, and who was an eyewitness said it was the old fart who was standing right in the way and got his dumb *** peppered with 28 gauge pellets fault.

OK, maybe those weren't her exact words, but that's more or less what she insinuated when she said the guy left the hunting group and then rejoined without telling anybody.

Paraphrasing what I read:

The guy followed up on a covey through some tall grass while Cheney and his group pursued another covey.

He (the old lawyer dude) then came up on Cheney's group from behind in the tall grass.

The second covey flushed back in that direction and Cheney swung on and shot at a bird, which happened to line up perfectly with the victim.

I think Cheney is a jerk and a crook, and I'd love nothing more than to see this being a total screwup on his part, but that's not the case.

The way it played out, any one of us could have just as easily peppered the guy.

Totally his fault for not announcing himself when approaching from behind.

Tucker,

You may think that the Vice President is a jerk, but you sure would have never seen Lurch(Kerry) or *****-face(Edwards) out quail hunting. They would be too busy scheming a way to disarm law-abiding gun owners and run all the gun companies out of business with frivolous lawsuits!!

Originally posted by Remy:

Tucker,

You may think that the Vice President is a jerk, but you sure would have never seen Lurch(Kerry) or *****-face(Edwards) out quail hunting. They would be too busy scheming a way to disarm law-abiding gun owners and run all the gun companies out of business with frivolous lawsuits!!

I wouldn't offer any contradiction to that statement, but other people's shortcomings do not excuse the current administration's wrongdoings.

Every election in the last 30 years has been about choosing the lesser of two evils, rather than about choosing the greater of two goods.

In keeping with the "lesser of two evils" thought ... Someone once asked "why is it we have 50 choices in picking a Miss America ... yet only two for President???"

I agree with Remy that the Clinton/Kerry crowd would be breaking down our doors looking for black BB guns with a pistol grip; and terrorists would be blowing up stuff all over the country ... but I gotta say Tucker has a point too. Corporate America sure has been raping us since Bush got re-elected!!! ($3.00 a gallon for heating oil for instance, illegal immigrants POURING across the border unchecked to fuel cheap labor and hold down wages, etc, etc, etc. Then there's "Haliburtin" & Cheney, need more be said??? LOL It's "****ed if we do; and ****ed if we don't"

Enjoy that Benelli and the open woods & swamps people ... that's where you're free!

Butch

A man went to a brain store to get some brain to complete a study. He sees a sign remarking on the quality of professional brain offerred at this particular brain store. He begins to question the butcher about the cost of these brains.

"How much does it cost for engineer brain?"

"Three dollars an ounce."

"How much does it cost for programmer brain?"

"Four dollars an ounce."

"How much for lawyer brain?"

"$1,000 an ounce."

"Why is lawyer brain so much more?"

"Do you know how many lawyers we had to kill to get one ounce of brain?"

=================================

How do you get a lawyer out of a tree?

Cut the rope.

Well, in yet another case of the news media embellishing the facts, CNN video shows a reporter explaining to the masses exactly what a shotgun shell, "similar" to the one used by Cheney, is made of.

Dumass reporter proceeds to dump the contents of copper-plated buffered buckshot into his hand, explaining, "These pellets are actually a little bit bigger than those that struck Mr. Whittington..."

el.whittington.cond.vs.jpg

NO SHIAT, ASSHAT!!

The liberal media at work again. When you see how they twist something we ARE knowledgable about to meet their agenda ... makes me disbelieve ANYTHING I read or hear coming from the media. Think of all the subjects we know little or nothing about that they "report" on!!! The things we hear and read and begin to form an opinion on; if only because we HEAR about it ... not that we're even interested in it. I say to myself "If they lie and twist and ommit about guns & hunting because they're really ADVOCATES and not REPORTERS, can I believe a word about immigration? the Patriot Act? Clinton? Bush? Samuel Alito? the Police? the local Dog Catcher's trial? ... ANYTHING???"

Well, I watched some broadcast TV yesterday and this morning for the first time this week. I had only read about the Cheney deal on the Internet before. I can not believe the frenzy the media is trying to fabricate over an uncomplicated hunting accident!!! Every channel ... hammering away. Like there is some massive conspiracy perpetrated against the American people unfolding. The indignation!!! I think it's so ludicrous ... truly over the top ... that the "press" is looking asinine.

Kind of ironic, the media doesn't seem to give a hoot about whether the guy lives or dies, nor how Cheney must feel about the whole thing ... they're howling about them being left out of the loop after it happened. Like there is some law that the press has to be informed within 37 seconds of anything that they can use to "sell newspapers" or something. (it's about revenues) Near as I can figure; their panties are in a bunch because the Texas local rural types were informed before the privileged east coast media "Elitists."

It's hard to honestly know how Mr. Whittington is really doing because most of what we're hearing has a hysteria surrounding it. Sounds to me like the guy was pretty close to the shooter for birdshot to penetrate close to the heart. I listened to one doctor who didn't sound like he was a stooge for MsNBC and bottom line was that he couldn't really tell how serious Whittington's situation is by the information available. Could be very serious, or could be fairly safe.

=================================

A Texas Parks and Wildlife Department report issued Monday said Whittington was retrieving a downed bird and stepped out of the hunting line he was sharing with Cheney.

"Another covey was flushed and Cheney swung on a bird and fired, striking Whittington in the face, neck and chest at approximately 30 yards," the report said.

Cheney was using No. 7 1/2 shot from a 28-gauge shotgun. Shotgun pellets typically are made of steel or lead; the pellets in No. 7 1/2 shot are just under one-tenth of an inch in diameter.

Hospital officials at Christus Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Memorial said they were not concerned about the six to 200 other pieces of birdshot that might still be lodged in Whittington's body.

The pellet that traveled to his heart was either touching or embedded in the heart muscle near the top chambers, called the atria, officials said.

It caused inflammation that pushed on the heart in a way that temporarily blocked blood flow, what the doctors called a "silent heart attack." This is not a traditional heart attack where an artery is blocked, and doctors said Whittington's arteries were healthy. It also irritated the atria and caused an irregular heartbeat.

[ 02-15-2006, 12:36 PM: Message edited by: Butch-M ]