Not firing

blackdogs

Gotta love a quality shotgun even if it has those funny choke things sticking out the end, one of these days when i find out how to post utter nonsense and questions that answer them self i will ramble and ramble and ramble, but i thank Benelli for getting me a flawless SBEII or maybe they should thank me for not being a selective reader!! nuff said, yall keep asking the same old questions which are asked on about 4 other threads and maybe yall can figure out which answer applies to your situation? I know Tucker and Mudhen will keep yall in line and don't get water in your boots!! I do find the same old problems being answered over and over so i will be around getting a few laughs here and there and The Razorbacks will SMOKE those Cheese heads in the Florida Garbage BOWL!! WOOOOO PIG SOOOOOOOOIE

Originally posted by blackdogs:

Thanks for the help. That must be the issue.

I guess this is the first time you have heard this soulution to this problem, ie, operater error thats what most people have issues with "ME" doing something wrong?? COULD NOT HAPPEN!! when ya learn to load it they will come as in hulls smokkin outta the side and meat on the table!! Cablea's has Shotgun recoil pads ya can wrap around your shoulder so ya do not get blood blister, probably need for hevi-shot if you are busttin 100 rounds a trip!! but ya might be surprised ya might try shooting some 2 3/4 rounds casue i used to never have issues killing ducks with them!! which shells are kicking so hard for ya BDOG? Old MUDHEN to the rescue i wish i could repeatedly answer the same old questions over and over again with the ability gingerly answer the word for word over and over. OOPS!!

HOGWILD - I reread the drivel you posted initailly and you never answer the questions. You said I needed to shoot heavy loads to begin with. I shot way more than reccomended. Over 8 boxes or or so. You said I needed to shoot better shells. Well that is a brilliant idea Einstein althought it still didn't explain why it was cycling them 100% reliable but misfiring on occassion. Just was a pretty easy and brilliant statement.

You say you don't want to answer questoins over and over. Another Einsteen remark. You are the one that controls that. I don't know what the last two posts from you are suppose to mean but you don't sound like you can carry a coherent thought. I could care less about a bowl game. THat isn't what I came to talk about and I don't care about football.

Why do you even come on hear and post if you don't want to take the time to be intelligent about ?

[ 12-05-2006, 06:09 AM: Message edited by: blackdogs ]

Tucker 301:

In the Troubleshooting section you posted a link too, it includes this statement about cleaning:

"recoil plunger assembly should also be oiled at the end of the day"

question: In order to do that end of the day 'oiling', do I need to take the butt stock off and unscrew the entire assembly etc - right? Or, are they saying I should perhaps drop some oil down into the plunger without taking it all apart from the butt stock? Example: remove the bolt assembly and then just drop some oil down onto the plunger versus taking butt pad off and taking it all apart?

I can see doing a more complete cleaning once in a while but wasn't thinking I needed to take it all apart that often...yet I want to be sure the plunger is 'lubed', so it cycles correctly.

Sorry if this is a silly question. thanks

[ 12-05-2006, 03:58 PM: Message edited by: duckfan ]

duckfan,

No need to remove the pad and all of that.

You're on the right track with simply putting a drop of oil on the plunger from inside the receiver.

I compress it slightly and let a drop fall in.

Not a silly question at all.

There's a lot silliness going on here, but you're not the one doing it.

HOGWILD,

Every time I try to read one of your posts my head hurts.

I keep reading them thinking perhaps you have something to say.

Alas, you do not.

I don't use it often, but you've officially made the ignore list, and I'm VERY thankful there is one.

455232-big.jpg

tucker me too. He did apologize to me via PM which I appreciate but I still don't care to even waste my time reading someone who has to be that way.

I have helped a ton of people on chat boards where I have expertise. In fact I have met and helped people through dog training problems without ever charging a cent. I donate a lot of money to charities, I teach hunter safety. I enjoy helping others in areas they may not have experience in.

I realize that new people ask dumb questions. I am glad there are patient giving people who are willing to help new people through issues. I think what goes around comes around and I appreciate all the help. I have a lot of friends who have bennellis and they didn't know what to tell me when I was having issues. So I went here for advice. Thanks to those who took the time to have patience to a new guy.

I am very happy with my gun and I expect it to live up to my expectations. Thanks again.

Originally posted by tucker301:

[QB] duckfan,

No need to remove the pad and all of that.

You're on the right track with simply putting a drop of oil on the plunger from inside the receiver.

I compress it slightly and let a drop fall in.

Not a silly question at all.

There's a lot silliness going on here, but you're not the one doing it.

Perfect...I was afraid to drop oil in from the receiver and maybe 'gum' up the works over time. I will be very conservative in using it. I am nervous to pull it all apart someday.

As always, I appreaciate the very helpful answers you provide. Still getting used to shooting (and cleaning) a semi after 40 plus years on an old 870 smile.gif

THANKS

Rick