New Owner of the M1 Super90 Practical and LOTS of questions

Wulf

Hello everyone

I just found this forum and I thought I would try here first rather than sitting around for 2 days to wait to call Benelli about my questions, hopefully someone can offer me some insight ..If the questions I asked have already been asked I?ll try to read on through this forum once I finish this post *need to type it out while it?s fresh on my mind*

First off I?m a new proud owner of my first Benelli, its a Practical, with a Pistol Grip stock *I bought it extra because I liked the feel and control better than the standard stock*...my PROBLEM is that I cannot get it to cycle low brass shells no matter what brand or shot it simply will NOT do it, however on the other hand it will shoot high brass all day long and doesn't care what kind they are or what shot they are it eats them all..Can anyone offer me a reason for this, have I missed an adjustment or switch somewhere that I needed to flip to make it feed low brass??

Secondly as I stated before I added the pistol Grip stock, it?s the standard black. Is there a specific set of shims required in the installation in order for it to be "correct"? .I just used the B set just as a whim, everything seems to line up and fit right, and as a surprise to me, the speed loader works so much better now that I have something to have it rest against while I?m feeding the shells in. Given I won't swear it?s the 30degree's that the manual recommends, it does work and quiet well in my experience

And lastly what?s with the Bird Cage Muzzle Break

from everything I can tell it actually ADDS more kick to the overall felt recoil on any and every shell I?ve used *including slugs* anyone know what its purpose in life is? I know the gun was designed for ISPC shooting; sadly I?m not too keen on the rules and guidelines for the sport so any information is most welcome

Thank you so much for your time in reading this, any input will be most helpful and I offer my deepest apologies for my typo's its late and at times like this I?m the king of typo world

Thank you again

Wulf

Lupinus Nobilitas

________

mexico hotels

Edited by Wulf

Thank you for both your input, I think i found the answer to my first problem, *and in the most obscure place i might add*

in the 2003 book on the last page underneath the R1 Rifle it has some fine text that reads "For Maximum reliability, use 3 dram, 1 1/8 oz *lead* loads in all Benelli .12 ga semi auto shotguns"

after reviewing all the low brass shells i have been shooting i noticed that they were 7/8 oz shot and probably no more than 2dram of powder *basically a .20ga shell fitted into a .12 ga cartridge*

I too have heard that you need to put between 100 and 200 rounds of high brass in the weapon as a break in phase to get it to shoot anything else, right now i'm at shell 20 *15 of the high brass and 5 slugs from the range* i'll keep a ledger on this and see if its true, if there is a point that my shotgun starts cycling the lesser loads *than whats reccomended* i'll post it here first in detail

Thank you again for your time and have a good day

Wulf

Lupinus Nobilitas

[ 02-07-2004, 06:35 PM: Message edited by: Wulf ]

________

herbal vaporizers

Edited by Wulf

Your first Benelli ,A--PRACTICAL,,,,what an awesome first.I grew up on a Benelli Practical,my buddies a 1999 purchase,blew away the others,with no problem,we use full power ammo and never had a problem.look at page 2 Benelli tactical topic,check it out man. seeya M1014 smile.gif :cool:

Thanks for your kind words M1014, unfortunately i have the new manual that is done in 3 languages English is in the middle marked with GB on the page tabs and it really doesn't have a section per different type gun, instead it has a paragraph or two talking about the various guns *basically more promotional material for them* as I said I didn't find the information about the minimum shell requirements until my dad pointed it out to me on the Benelli 2003 catalog on the last page under the R1 series. What a strange place to put something of that importance.

Oh well now i know and have much ammo on the way, as far as me picking the practical I must admit it was more of a situational purchase than anything, the shop did have standard M1's and tactical but I wanted to have most every accessory available to allow the shotgun complete flexibility in ANY field, be it bird hunting or skeet shooting, the Practical seemed to be a natural choice, thankfully they had a pistol grip stock on hand, and I do have a slug barrel and 2shot extension on the way, IMHO that should give me every option I need for hunting, target, or skeet, whatever I decide to shoot with it, only thing I?ve not decided on is optic's. I?ve heard a lot of praise from the CEEMORE *sp* and the EOTECH holo sights but not had any hands on experience with either any recommendations from people out there as for what they use? I?d really like to know what?s being used on these guns and what the owners think of them

Does anyone know of any information relating to my question about the stock and the muzzle break? If the stock is just like the standard one then its fine, but if it requires a specific set of shims to be "correct" by Benelli's guidelines I would like to change it, and keep in compliance with the warranty. As for the muzzle break the only thing I?ve found that it does to effect the gun any at all is increase the recoil. Now surely a company as good as Benelli didn?t put on a ?bad? accessory to a weapon they advertise as focused to the ISPC shooters *any ISPC shooters out there? That can offer insight as to what this break may be doing with the shot or the over all pattern at X range to increase the ability of the individual ISPC shooter? Other than adding more kick on the shoulder?*

Sorry to type up such long posts a bad habit I got into a long time ago but thank you all for your input and hope to hear more from you all

btw M1014 love your choice in handles as it is an awesome gun if I could push myself to pay the $250 for the CIII stamp I?d get one of those in a heart beat, or at least get the collapsible stock for my M1 ..I hope it shoots as good as it looks smile.gif

Thanks again

Wulf

Lupinus Nobilitas

[ 02-08-2004, 02:04 PM: Message edited by: Wulf ]

________

pot news

Edited by Wulf

Ok well i started this thread I guess i'll finish it, altho 1 quesiton got missed but here goes

Just talked with Benelli today, they said the pistolgrip stock was same as the standard stock in that i can use any of the 3 shim sets i wanted for my own comfort level and it was all good, further more they did admit that the M1 series requires 3drams powder and at least 1 1/8 oz of lead in the shells to ensure proper function everytime so i guess we all know *all except that dern bird cage muzzle break but hey 2 out of 3 "aint" bad*

Thank you all for your posts i'll be in touch once the rest of my toys comes in *rifled barrel and 2 shot extension tube*

Thanks again

Wulf

Lupinus Nobilitas

________

girlfriend pic

Edited by Wulf