Rate your duck season

shell waster

Was your duck season better than last year or worse  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Was your duck season better than last year or worse

luck of the draw here .. but still down in comparison...

I think we all need to start trapping and hunting varmints when we can to lessen predation..

Canadians are going crazy yet .. good #'s for guys that like Goose hunting!

we have the habitat ... just need to lessen the predation and the results of it.

I've killed 12 ducks in 6 hunts our first split. I killed 10 of those the first weekend, and hunted the last two weekends for 2 ducks.

I killed 2 mottled ducks, 3 Teal, 3 Grayducks, and 4 Scaup.

Last year during the first split we almost always shot our 4 mallards. Many hunts we went home with 4 mallards only. During our entire first split, I shot at 1 mallard, and of course I missed. We averaged right at 4 ducks per hunter, per hunt last year during the first split. I've hunted with 1 other buddy on all 6 hunts and our total was only 16 ducks.

I've been skunked on many occaissions but usually always see ducks, especially lots of high flyers. I saw less ducks this first split than any other split I've hunted. Hopefully the cold weather this week will bring some more down before the second split opener next weekend.