Shell ejection

brddog

Hi guys I am a new member to the forum.SO HELLO!

I am having a problem with my sbe ejecting a spent shell,on occasion.The casing gets caught on the way out and the bolt closes on it.Some have sugested that a sure cycle kit will fix this, any thoughts?I have from time to time put oil in the spring tube in the stock.Thanks :eek:

I bought the gun in 97 I shoot a fair amount all hunting,not target.I shoot winchester xpert hi velocity and kent fast steel.Oil : rem oil,corrosionx,kreighof,wd40and lps haven't found one I like gonna try the synthetic that was mentioned in another thread.I do hunt the salt marshes a lot.

try hoseing some break free clp into it and working the acton a bunch sounds gummed up to me. i would also try some heavyer loads. most of my feeding problems are amost always the direct result of bad or cheep loads. i would avoid WD40 its about 85% bunker oil and when the solvent evaporates it turns to gum and clogs up everyting

get rid of the rem oil and WD40. try miltec-1 or fp10. a buddy has contant problems with kent 1-1/8 loads, he since switched to 1.25 oz and haven't had a single jam up.

corrision x is great for outside, but man its too thick for the inside. i put some grease ONLY on the rails and then use a light coat of oil on the rest of the action. also check yoru recoil tube spring, it could be rust up and dirty.

hope this helps.

I had a similar problem and found that oiling the ejector plate&spring was the key. I've heard plenty of horror stories about Rem oil and always use a good synthetic that is intended for automatics.

I've had no jams this year, using big or small loads. And I tend to mix brands in my pocket and not care.

I had the same problem with 1 and 1 1/8 oz loads in both my M1 and a Rem 11-87 that I owned. I tried the Sure Cycle device in the 11-87. It is just a stainless steel version of the factory part. I saw no improvement and no purpose for the Sure Cycle device to exist unless you just want a rust resistant part.

I just started loading 1 1/4 oz. loads and have had no further problems. Oddly, I have never had any problem with 1 oz. slugs in either the Benelli or the Rem.

I gave the gun a real good cleaning as was suggested,it wasn't bad I do keep it clean.Still have the problem.I have been using these shells since last season(I bought a case)and had no problems.

Took the gun apart again and noticed the ejector is looking a little rounded on the one side not square like the other side.As wallhanger said maybe this is the trouble.THANKS FOR THE REPLYS GUYS

now to find a part.Is it hard to change?

[ 12-12-2004, 10:21 AM: Message edited by: brddog ]

I run my SBE with a very light coat of oil. The only time my gun "stove piped" has been when the recoil assembly was dirty. I have found that by removing the recoil spring from the butt stock and cleaning it out resolves this issue. Also i would recommend that you store the gun barrel down since the assembly is in the stock