New M4 owner signing-in

Lurker

Thanks to the baddd influences of a few of you guys (to be named later) ;) smile.gif THANKS guys! :D

I broke and got me my first Benelli. DROS all done, just waiting for the mandatory wait-period to pass.

Accessories all picked out, ready to be ordered.

Newbie question.

I know that the M4 comes w/ 3 chokes and some guys had theirs missing when purchasing their M4s. An email to Benelli's excellent customer service has resolved their issues.

I'm missing my extra chokes as well. Already contacted customer service and they wanted to know which ones were missing.

How do I know which ones are missing (M,IC,C)? I forgot to check the barrel to see if one was already installed (I assume one was).

Never used chokes before so I don't know what to look for to differentiate between the various types of chokes.

Thanks in advance

Benelli chokes can be ID'd by the notches while in the barrel..according to the manual..One Notch is full,2 -improved modi,3-Modified,4 Imp Cyl,5 -Skeet......They are usually marked on the outsise when removed ...

Do what I did...I said I didn't get any of em..so they sent me five chokes.....6 if you include the 20 ga choke sent by mistake...:)

If they've changed it any I'm sure one of the other Benelli nutts will chime in...:)

[ 07-25-2006, 04:40 AM: Message edited by: StarLynx ]

I too am fairly new to the group and have only had my M4 for about 2 months. The Shootist in Murrieta Ca. really bent me over on the price but it was the only M4 I could find in a 100 mile radius. Most of the dealers I called almost laughed when I would ask them if they had a M4 available. So I bought it and after learning on these pages that I too was supposed to get the interchangable chokes, I had come to realize that I didn't get any of these chokes that everyone had mentioned. I guess contacting Benelli will resolve this issue for me. I have immediately started to accessorize My M4 already, It's like some kind of addiction once you hold your M4. So I put the telescoping skelotonized stock an EOTECH 512 and equipped it with the Specter sling. I have to say that I love all the new stuff I have put on My M4 thanks to all the cool people on these pages. Lurker I'm sure you will have no problem letting these "cool people" decide where your hard earned money goes.

P.S. Wingbone hook a brotha up with some links, I'm ready to start Pimping.

Get a larue eotech mount, the GG&G big bolt and big release pad, a full length mag tube or extension, mepro night sights if you wish...

Then an fcam, surefire m3, z48 click on tailcap, larue offset flashlight mount, and a tangodown vertical grip.

Just waiting on the fcam ... then that will be my setup smile.gif

Thanks StarLynx, could not have asked for a more thorough description. smile.gif

Thanks wingbone! Pimpin' is the order of the day. :D Have a list of things I 'need' ;) GG&G,Sidearmour,Specter...to name but a few.

Duggan, yep you're on the list of culprits smile.gif Thanks pal. I personally like your(?) fixed stock set-up ( I saw a picture of on another forum).

toneloc

Congrats on the new addition. smile.gif I guess I was pretty lucky. Found a 'motherlode' of M4s 2 months ago, when I was still struggling with the decision to purchase a M4 and still doing research. When I finally broke and purchased one last week, they still had stock, phew. I was happy w/ the price, lower than what I had seen on some gun sites.

The mandatory wait-period ends this Saturday, but I'm leaving for vacation the same day ARGHH!! So it may be a further 2 weeks before I get to play with it. :(

Originally posted by Duggan:

Get a larue eotech mount, the GG&G big bolt and big release pad, a full length mag tube or extension, mepro night sights if you wish...

Then an fcam, surefire m3, z48 click on tailcap, larue offset flashlight mount, and a tangodown vertical grip.

Just waiting on the fcam ... then that will be my setup smile.gif

Whats up to all! New member here. Here is another optic option for your M4 rails! It is the Pride Fowler sight with a new LaRue mount currently in the pre-production stages. They will be available in (3) different heights: Low/Med/ and "M4" (for use atop a AR15 flattop carbine) Im thinking the Low mount will be perfect on-top of a M1014 since it will be lower, and give a better cheek weld than the Eotech/LaRue mount option. I plan on having the Mesa Tactical shell holder w/ the intergral picatinny rail mounted on my M1 S90, and mount one of these PF/LaRue combos on top of it. The sight/mount combo will be available directly from LaRue tactical in a few weeks (They are accepting pre-orders now), and should come in under $400. Heres a pic: 20zwroj.jpg

[ 07-25-2006, 02:23 PM: Message edited by: nickdrak ]

well,its good to see new enthusiastic members getting into Benelli's only gas gun,,,there was time at this forum when I was almost the only one,,,but I stayed true to form and now very glad to see so many new guys getting into the M1014/M4,,,welcome Lurker smile.gif

Yup..Thanks ta M1014...I test positive for the Benelli I.V. virus now...& my Flight Doc says there is NO cure!!!..They even make me wear a condom at Skeet shoots..Quail/Dove hunts...Fugitive Ap roundups....(Too late for that ,tho..cuz my whole crew carries Benellis anyways,now....).... tongue.gif