Customize a SBE II

Waylon

Ok I have a question. Everyone in my blind this comming duck season will have a Max-4 SBEII. Total of 5 guys. I need a way to customize it so I can tell which one is mine. Are their any accessories to add to the SBEII? Plated Triggers, sights, ect.? Any suggestions?

[ 06-09-2005, 01:24 PM: Message edited by: Waylon ]

1. You could switch to extended chokes. ( stands out fast, and can improve performance slightly)

2. You could change out the fiber front sight to a differen't color/larger diameter, but the factory one is pretty nice though.

3. If you are shooting with a sling, a custom sling or if you have the sling off you could put something like an inch piece of white string tied through the sling mount ( just so you could identify it fast )

4. Even a small red sticker under the butt pad, or on the bottom of the stock. ( for after shooting to identify its yours)

Most of these would work for quick identification purposes.

But if you are looking more to accessorize than just to identify.. this is the wrong list.

There are a variety of sights availalbe in differen't colors and diameters.

You can get a chrome bolt handle cheap enough from brownels. They even sell a chrome trigger ( but it would have to be installed )

Being that it is a camo hunting gun, most accessories I can think of like a speedloader assist bracket and stuff like that just wouldn't look very good on it.

There are a variety of custom finishes and various platings that could make it look really trick but that

defeats the camo thing.

You can also buy a home plating kit like a plug-n-plate for like $30-35 bucks and plate some small parts your self in nickle, gold, copper, black chrome, etc..

Also, in another post in this forum there is mention of a button clip that makes it easier to close the action for like $15 with no gun alterations ( says its easier for gloves, might be right up your alley )

Does anybody have a picture of the button clip?

I think that plug-in-plate might be the way to go. I can't remember if the trigger on my SBEII is composite plastic though. I would like to have the chrome bolt handle. That might do enough.

Waylon

[ 06-09-2005, 03:09 PM: Message edited by: Waylon ]

While this ISN"T the one listed, I would imagine it's something similar. It just gives more surface area to the otherwise small bolt release button( easier to find when not looking, and easier to press with gloves on ).

This model you have to actualy drill a hole in the button and then thread it for the set screw . Pretty easy to do, but some people might not have the ability to install it.

The one listed in the post says no modifications. I have already asked for a picture of it and the buttplate kit they sell for the comfort tech stocks.

CRB-01.jpg

Originally posted by sbeIIfan:

cereal number. duh

Originally posted by sbeIIfan:

cereal number. duh

Yes, the Serial Number ( non- Kelloggs number smile.gif )obviously shows you, but when you are in a duck blind with 5 guys and 5 guns where the light isn't the greatest, you might have a bit of a problem trying to read the serial number on a camo gun.

I think Waylon is looking for a fast indicator so he can identify his gun quickly when all five guns might be leaning up together or somthing.

Kinda like putting a peice of red tape on your luggage when you fly so that when your bag comes off the conveyer at your destination you dont have to sit there and read all the name tags.

I use a small yellow plastic zip tie on my luggage. Looks like every other piece has red tape on it.

If you're not using a sling, run one through the front sling mounting hole on the mag. cap, or strap one around the barrel, running under a rib bridge and snip it off close.

If you are using a sling, attach it to the front sling ring.