H D tranformation help.

gio

Hi guys.

I just bought a new Benelli Super Nova with a 28" barrel and I need some suggestions-help on transforming it in to a HD tactical gun.

I am thinking about a 18.5 or 24 inch barrel maybe with a heath shield on it should do it.

It is my understanding that the Super can use the regular Nova barrels.

Do you know where can I find this items or any other you may suggest at a good price?

Also I wonder if you can you use buckshots or regular #7 shoot on a rifled barrel ????

Thanks.

Gio. smile.gif

Well , thanks clayflingythingy.

Yup , must be nice to be rich!

I just had enough money for ONE shotgun and I will be using it mostly for hunting and clay shooting.

But would be nice to have it ready for defence possibility also.

Hey I do like Rambo. Is the man! :D

Until you put on a heat shield, mag light, optical sight, side saddle and possible a bayonet, it's just another duck gun. Do you need a heat shield? Not really. Just sign me Rambo-ette.

SgtCathy

Pre-ban Defense model Super 90 M1- Bad Boy right out of the box !!

Originally posted by SgtCathy:

Do you need a heat shield?

That's an excellent question. Especially since you have implied that you are on a budget. It's a piece that you probably would never see use out of. Heck, I doubt I would even put one on a pump. I would only consider it on a semi.

Get yourself a shorter barrel and put a side-saddle on it... that'll make you feel tough.

Thanks for the replays guys and girls.

Well , even without a heat-shield a 18.5 smooth-bore should do the job.

Any ideas on where can I find one that is not almost as expensive as the gun is? :confused:

For the other stuff that you suggest Rambo-ette I am going to get them all............ just need some time. :D

I think that is why someone suggested to just buy a Nova. The Barrels by themselves are $$$ Try Ebay. people sell barrels on there often, but still not a lot cheaper than MSRP because they are in limited availablity.

[ 03-27-2006, 06:14 PM: Message edited by: kengps ]

Gio,

If you are on a budget then just use the Nova as you got it, 28 inch barrels and all!. Put the I/C choke in and stoke the magazine with 00.

I suggested to buy another Nova because I am a big believer in the Ghost Ring sights and the Nova Tactical sells for about $300 locally. Obviously, the Ghost Ring sights would be impractical on a gun that you were switching out barrels on. Take the gun to the range and get in some practice with the 00 and you will be fine.

Originally posted by gio:

Well , thanks clayflingythingy.

Yup , must be nice to be rich!

I just had enough money for ONE shotgun and I will be using it mostly for hunting and clay shooting.

But would be nice to have it ready for defence possibility also.

Hey I do like Rambo. Is the man! :D

Why the heck would you need something like that for defence... too many yahoo's in this world, why don't you learn how you fight like a real man! guns like that are really only needed for the military and the police..