Docter Optic and M1014

jakjakman

Okay my Benelli Bros, my M1014 has finally reached the pinnacle of tacticoolness. After alluding to this in several posts, I give you: my M1014 with Docter Optic red dot sight and Surefire M3 flashlight.

Benelli_Docter005.jpg

Benelli_Docter004.jpg

Benelli_Docter008.jpg

Benelli_Docter001.jpg

Benelli_Docter014.jpg

Benelli_Docter017.jpg

Benelli_Docter018.jpg

Benelli_Docter021.jpg

[ 06-27-2006, 05:47 PM: Message edited by: jakjakman ]

Very nice Doctor! Thank you Doctor. Calling Dr. Moe, calling Dr. Larry, Calling Dr. Curley. Woooob Woooob Woooob

All joking aside, That is very nice. I was about to get a Doctor mount for my Galil but didn't because I couldn't find a Doctor.

[ 06-27-2006, 08:30 PM: Message edited by: jmikesteen ]

So I went to the range today to sight my baby in. Started out with the target on the 25 yard line shooting Brenneke K.O. slugs. The first few shots were way off and totally missed the target. I finally dialed it in fairly well then moved a fresh target back to 50 yards to do the fine tuning. The first shot put the slug high and to the right, and I decided to shoot another to make sure that's where they were going. After the second shot I couldn't for the life of me tell where it went. Surely I didn't completely miss the target, I thought. So I shot a third slug and again it looked like I totally missed. I was totally bummed and decided to take a closer look at the target and that's when I saw that I hadn't been missing—instead I’d been shooting laser-beams like the ones that come out of Washington's eye balls.

Washington_stare.jpg

06_28_06_1918.jpg

Not bad for 3 slugs at 50 yards, eh?

smile.gif Thanks guys.

Washington... He's the man! It's this funny little flash/movie thing that's going around. Here's the linky linky. WARNING: it has lots of foul language so it's not worksafe and may make your friggen ears hurt.

Edit: Boosted the warning. smile.gif

[ 06-29-2006, 03:26 PM: Message edited by: jakjakman ]

JJM,

What tape switch/endcap and m3 mount is that? You know what the diameter of the m3 is? I have the exact same light, and I'm looking to mount it using a larue offset light mount, but Im not sure what diameter rings to get. Any idea?

Otherwise, badass. All you need now is an FCAM, the big release pad, a tangodown vertical grip, and a one piece military mag tube smile.gif

I used some cheap ones I found off Ebay--here're the links:

Mount

Switch

I got those to start with because they were cheap with the idea of keeping an eye out for better stuff that came along. As for the diameter, I think it's an inch, but the diameter changes for the smaller in the center. I just left those rubber things on and clamped the mount to them, and it works fine.

[ 06-30-2006, 02:00 PM: Message edited by: jakjakman ]

Wow, a place that claims to have docter optics in stock.

From what I know of them, the DO55712 is the Law Enforcement model, which I beleive means it is more shock resistant and waterproof than the regular ones. They are both 3.5 MOA dots ... a 7 MOA dot was also marketed, so I would check to make sure its not a website error if you are serious about buying one.

I could be completely wrong in this informatiion about the differences between models, but I'm 75% sure I read about this a few monthes ago.

As far as the rail for the light setup goes, it's here:

http://www.sidearmor.com/cart/catalog/product_50_M401_Shotgun_Interface_system_for_Benelli_M4_M1014.html

• 1 year later...
Thanks guys. smile.gif The mount I used is the one it came with--a factory Weaver style mount. Fits great on the Pic rail there.

Hello guys... first post, I did a search, re I want to mount a Docter Site to my Benelli M4.

On the Trijicon web page it shows the Docter MS02 7.0 MOA for $425...

it doesn't really mention or show any mount included... is there another part# I need to purchase for the same set up as the original poster?

Thanks for your time.

Question Bump - Hello guys... first post, I did a search, re I want to mount a Docter Site to my Benelli M4.

On the Trijicon web page it shows the Docter MS02 7.0 MOA for $425...

it doesn't really mention or show any mount included... is there another part# I need to purchase for the same set up as the original poster?

Thanks for your time.