M1 Super 90 Questions

malandro

I recently purchased Benelli M1 Super 90 for self defense, primarily in home. It has a barrel approximately 18" and a magazine extension which holds 6, 2 3/4" shells. Custom forgrip labeled Laser Products Corp with an integral surefire like light. Stock with integral pistol grip and standard stock, I live in Central America with a limited selection. My preference would be for a shorter barrel, etc similar to the Entry Model. Is it possible to purchase the shorter, 14" barrel and also a magazine cap so I can remove the mag extension. Also, pistol grip with no standard stock extension. There is a wave of "kidnap express" in the country in which I live. We gringos are more and more becoming targets. Recently there have been a serious of incidents which lead me to believe I am on someones list of potential targets. My preference for shotgun is a a bit shorter than the defense model of the M1 super90. Also any ideas on an appropriate choke for inside the home and immediate surroundings. John

Don't know the laws in your country - but if the threat was real to me - I would chop the barrel and stock and fashion a ready-sling so that the sg rides at a ready to go angle. Choke? open it up wide. the pattern of a sg is tight inside a house unless your place has long spans of halls, etc. You have yourself a very reliable base gun - My M1 Super90 is a hunter and has about 20K rounds w/o failure.