Most effective choke-dove hunting

msimmons

Recently purchased 12 ga Montefeltro Grade II for dove hunting here in upstate SC. It has been properly broken in, pattern tested at 40 yds, and has toasted many sporting clays. Question-most effective choke for opening day doves? Skeet or IC? Difference in range or pattern size? I plan to try both anyway but thought someone might have experience. Thanks

Originally posted by msimmons:

Recently purchased 12 ga Montefeltro Grade II for dove hunting here in upstate SC. It has been properly broken in, pattern tested at 40 yds, and has toasted many sporting clays. Question-most effective choke for opening day doves? Skeet or IC? Difference in range or pattern size? I plan to try both anyway but thought someone might have experience. Thanks

I use IC but when those doves decide not to come in close enough I switch to the M choke.

I used to be one of those guys that would try every after market choke there was thinking that there was going to be some magical choke that was going to make me shoot better than I ever had before. For me I like skeet or IC I have found that I can accomplish any pattern with my factory chokes that I can with any after market chokes.