Benelli SBE 1 and Beretta 391 Urika value????

sage

I want to be fair in the deals since I am buying and selling to friends.

Here is what I plan on purchasing from a friend.

Benelli SBE 1 original(shoots 2 3/4", 3", and 3 1/2")

Black synthetic

26"

All five factory chokes, original box, and manual

2004 model

Used for two hunts

20 shells fired

What do you think I should offer?

Here is what I plan on selling to a friend.

Beretta 391 Urika(shoots 2 3/4" and 3")(not Extrema model)

Wetland Camo

28"

Beretta Hard Case

All five factory chokes, original paperwork, and manual

Briley LM Camo Choke

2001 model

250 hundred shells fired

What do you think I should sell for?

Straight Shoot'n,

Sage

I would just get a SBE II for a little more unless you can get the SBE I for 700.00 to 800.00. I would not pay no more then that becuase its used no matter how many rounds fired.

I had a chance to pay less for fa SBE I but paid a little more to get the newer version that had small problems whatever they were worked out.

[ 12-10-2006, 03:27 PM: Message edited by: Commando ]

Commando------I have got to disagree with you. I bought a new SBE 1 about ten months ago. I had a chance to fire a SBE II before I bought my gun. Honestly, I saw no particular advantage to the SBE II other than these two:

1) The triggerguard------I personally think the SBE II guard is butt ugly and I don't wear expedition mitts while shooting, so that is not an advantage.

2) The Crio barrel------I own a Crio barrel for my SBE 1 as well as the non-Crio barrel that came with my gun. I see absolutely no advantage to the Crio after I have shot both quite a bit. I do like the longer length to the Crio choke. though.

The only real advantage of the SBE II over the SBE 1 may be the Comfortech stock and I think that may be debatable.

My two cents........If you can save a couple hundred bucks-----buy the SBE 1.

The SBE is worth what you are willing to pay for it. I see use black SBE's for around $700 at the places I frequent. I've seen decent guns with some wear go for $500.

The used 391 is also worth what you can get for it, but a common used price in my area is $600-$650 and the gun would have to be almost mint to get that. There is little demand for this gun as it does not shoot 3.5". I've seen guns with faded camo go for $450.

mudhen - CA