sbe problems

brice hensley

Any body have problems with their sbe shotting to the right?

i bought 1 about 4 years ago with the 28" barrel and 2 years ago bought a 24" barrel for turkey hunting.

the turkey choke tube is a kicks and shot straight at 40 yards. the 24" has the kicks choke tube angled to the right. enough you can see it with the naked eye. shoots 3 to 4" to the right @ 25 yards.

Sent the 24" back to benelli and they said it is "within their specs". ????? After this turkey season i sen the barrel back and know i have to send the reciever to make sure there is not a mating problem between the gun and barrel. ???

i have had this 24" barrel on 2 other sbe and all have shot to the right. I am not stupid, seems i am getting the runaround. Can the threads be fixed in the 24" barrel be fixed or not? I hope so, or i might have to sell this gun and buy another.

Ever wake up @ nite and hear geese talk?

Brice,

I think you're saying:

Using the kicks choke tube in both barrels, the 28" shoots straight, but the 24" shoots to the right.

At a glance, it looks like an obvious problem with the 24" barrel, but there are other factors which have not been disclosed.

Are you shooting from a steady rest, or are shooting you freehanded?

Is it possible that, if shooting freehanded, you are pulling the shots to the right?

Have you asked anyone else to try the gun and see what their results are?

I'm not saying you're doing anything wrong, but this would be good information to pass along to Benelli CS, and may help you to make your case against the 24" barrel.

Also, it would be good to know how the barrel performs with the factory chokes.

[ 07-21-2005, 03:52 PM: Message edited by: tucker301 ]

Because of things like this, I am hardcore about putting optics on all long guns, even shotguns.

I perfer trintium fiber optic pointers which you have to make yourself unless you want to spend a thousand dollers for the trijicon, although their is an airsoft manufacturer who is in the discussion faze of weather or not to make an affordable one fit for firearms.

Tucker

I have had 2 cousins shoot this besides my sel.

The turkey loads were so severe from the bench we started using the doveloads for the point of aim reference. all of us shot to the right no matter what we shot or who was doing the shooting. all of this was off of a bench with a forearm support and held snug. with the factory full choke it still shoots to the right. ic and mod is so open you can tell it does lean to the right a little, but for obvious reasons thats not much of a factor for doves. it really puzzles me that i can and the gun store whom i purchased the sbe from can see that the choke tube is canted to the right. yet benelli cs is telling me that its a mating problem.

confused in indiana?

Brice

Originally posted by tucker301:

Brice,

I think you're saying:

Using the kicks choke tube in both barrels, the 28" shoots straight, but the 24" shoots to the right.

At a glance, it looks like an obvious problem with the 24" barrel, but there are other factors which have not been disclosed.

Are you shooting from a steady rest, or are shooting you freehanded?

Is it possible that, if shooting freehanded, you are pulling the shots to the right?

Have you asked anyone else to try the gun and see what their results are?

I'm not saying you're doing anything wrong, but this would be good information to pass along to Benelli CS, and may help you to make your case against the 24" barrel.

Also, it would be good to know how the barrel performs with the factory chokes.

• 2 weeks later...

Tucker

i got my gun back from benelli with no phone call and not fixed. i cant beleive they wont stand behind their product. they was even to call me back with the testing they did after i sent them my lower reciever. does anyone know what they mean by "within specs" does that mean that they are shooting it @ 5 yards from the barrel for testing and not @ real world conditions like @ over 25 yards for hunting.

unreal, i will no longer BRAG about my sbe and how well it shoots. i will just have to tell everyone that it shoots to the right and beneeli had it TWICE without fixing it.

never again will i buy a benelli without having to shoot the peice of shot first.

Originally posted by tucker301:

Today's practice words are...

prefer

tritium

dollars

there

phase

whether

Sorry Canon, but I just couldn't let that go as it stood.

Hey Benelli Girl & All Other Benelli Folks That Read These Posts,

What's up with this!

THE BARREL WAS THREADED OFF CENTER!!!! It happens, no one is saying Benelli sucks for a few minor issues like this.

WHAT'S THE BIG DEAL????

GIVE THIS GUY A NEW BARREL!!!! Or at least a factory lay-around that shoots straight and looks like new.

We loyal Benelli owners can't keep defending you if you don't back up your products.

No big deal if this was the guy's duck gun, but 4" off @ 25 yards can result in a missed or wounded tom turkey.

This type of stuff will bury you with the turkey crowd if you are not careful.

mudhen - CA

I'm going to have to join in with mudhen and Butch on this one.

There is no excuse for this man not getting a remedy, AND he should be refunded his shipping costs.

C'mon, Benelli.

Yes, we all know this forum is not a conduit for CS, but since the poor guy has already tried that route TWICE, what other options are there?

We know you're there... lurking. Come on out and make things right.