VERY UNHAPPY WITH BENELLI

Jd1234

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The black matte is not blued - come on? There is absolutely no rust protection on the exterior other than some apparently worthless paint that is not doing the job for me & others. Why don't any of my other guns have this problem? I use the same Rem Oil on them & store in the same place. I'll try another oil - what do you recommend? Breakfree, Hoppe's, etc? I'd prefer a 3-in-1 product. I can get over it / make changes, but have been let down - more so on the cycling / break-in issues. I'd sell it, but know I'd loose tons of $. When it cycles properly, I love - I'd say mainly for the fit/feel, weight & simple design/few parts - but considering the costs, I didn't expect any problems. To me w/ the problems I've had so far, the gun is highly over-rated.

The gun isn't blued.

Small claims court will laugh at you.

Remoil sucks.

The Beretta Extrema II costs more.

Either learn to care for the weapon or sell it to someone who'll appreciate it.

wrongo mr know-it-all. the new benelli pricing at the hi end is $1545 - 1665 vs extrema II at $1500-1600. check out the company web sites. you would think at these prices, most gun oils - especially synthetic gun oil - would work. more importantly, you'd think you'd get better damn rust protection & possibly defect-free coatings. i'll try some breakfree. that militec works out to ~$5/oz.

btw - i believe beretta owns both companies/brands/benelli too.

wrongo mr know-it-all. the new benelli pricing at the hi end is $1545 - 1665 vs extrema II at $1500-1600. check out the company web sites. you would think at these prices, most gun oils - especially synthetic gun oil - would work. more importantly, you'd think you'd get better damn rust protection & possibly defect-free coatings. i'll try some breakfree. that militec works out to ~$5/oz.

btw - i believe beretta owns both companies/brands/benelli too.

Can't really compare pricing because of all the Xtrema II versions.

Beretta reduced their prices for 2007. Benelli raised again.

Also, don't confuse MSRP with MAP with in-store pricing.

I can get a black Xtrema II w/o Kick-Off for $949 almost anywhere. I can get an SBE II non-CT for $1199 almost anywhere.

I can get a black Xtrema II with Kick-Off for $1299 almost anywhere. I can get a black SBE II with CT for $1399 almost anywhere.

Camo Xtrema II's with KO run around $1399. Camo SBE II's with CT run around $1449.

When you get to the guns that most folks want, they are very similar in price.

I really like the Xtrema II, but I've seen so many broken transfer bars that I simply can't risk owning one :(

The Franchi 912 also has the breaking transfer bar problem. Guess who makes that part for Beretta :D

But to be fair, the guys that break these guns shoot mostly 3.5" steel. Some go through 8-10 cases a season.

whatever - you guys are worms. these guns are the most expensive field semis on the market - that's a FACT. i spoke with customer service & they said send it in if you'd like. look under FAQ & troubleshooting - there are some known issues, especially breaking in the gun; more importantly, enough people are calling to ask about these issues or to send in their guns for repair, that the company had to respond.

Can't really compare pricing because of all the Xtrema II versions.

Beretta reduced their prices for 2007. Benelli raised again.

Also, don't confuse MSRP with MAP with in-store pricing.

I can get a black Xtrema II w/o Kick-Off for $949 almost anywhere. I can get an SBE II non-CT for $1199 almost anywhere.

I can get a black Xtrema II with Kick-Off for $1299 almost anywhere. I can get a black SBE II with CT for $1399 almost anywhere.

Camo Xtrema II's with KO run around $1399. Camo SBE II's with CT run around $1449.

When you get to the guns that most folks want, they are very similar in price.

I really like the Xtrema II, but I've seen so many broken transfer bars that I simply can't risk owning one :(

The Franchi 912 also has the breaking transfer bar problem. Guess who makes that part for Beretta :D

But to be fair, the guys that break these guns shoot mostly 3.5" steel. Some go through 8-10 cases a season.