m4 choke tubes

AFPJ

Just got an M4. It came assembled from the shop..display model, and the modified choke tube installed. Benelli's web site says it comes with a set of tubes, but mine only has one. Do I need to go back to the shop to see where the other 2 went or does it really only ship with one?

Mine only came with the one choke that was installed in the barrel. I'd read here about them supposedly coming with three, so I called Benelli. The lady said that it should have come with three, so she took down my info so they could send me the other two. I guess dealers pilfer the other two.

UPS tried to deliver mine yesterday, but for some odd reason Benelli requested an adult signature and no one was home. So now I have to wait until Monday for them to be redelivered.

Outstanding...thanks for the responses. I don't know about the dealers keeping them (choke tubes) or not, but according to several FFL folks I know, and some are gunshop guys, Benelli does tend to forget to put things in from time to time. It was explained to me that a similar situation occurred regarding paperwork for the extended magazine tubes. Lack of attention to detail in this regard resulted in not being able to import them. Well, that's at least 3rd hand info, maybe 4th hand. At least Benelli pays attention when it counts. I can't wait to hit the range with this. I guess it's a call to customer service MOnday!

Interesting.

I had a similar experience, but with the dealer, not the factory. I asked the dealer about the other 2, and he said he didn't know what the deal was, but that he would find some and give them to me for free if I wanted.

I had 2 more chokes a few days later.

this is the kind of weapon that its intended purpose ,,doesn't need to be fooling around with all types of chokes,,comming loose,,right type,,fumbling around for what????,,now some of ya are whinning in front of everyone because the factory didn't give you yours, LOL :D :D :D

[ 05-07-2006, 03:59 PM: Message edited by: M1014 ]

HeHe...I get your point, but mine came with the modified choke. I want to put Cylinder in for it's intended purpose (at least MY purpose): close range defense. I would like a little more spread (in theory anyway) if I'm trying to hit a moving target in an urban setting. I'm curious what choke came with the ltd edition M1014's? I understand those had fixed chokes.

Support your local PJ

That would seem to make sense (CL=cylinder). How long did it take from customer service call to arrival? Customer service knew exactly what I was referring to and apparently it has been quite common, but when they said they will get it out soon, wondering what that means in real time. Thanks for the post.

Support your local PJ