MI recoil

Big D

Never shot an M1, but I'm considering getting one. I've been shooting a Remmington 1100 since the early 80's. Groan all you want but I love it, and have never replaced parts or had any trouble with it. My question is, how does the M1 compare to the old 1100 as far as recoil. I shoot ducks, pheasant, quail, dove, and once in awhile a prairie chicken.

Ahhh who knows i am not sure what i am going to do maybe i'll wait a couple of years and see if Benelli comes out with a nother M some number field.. I just bought an 870 Wingmaster 20 Gauge and a whole bunch of shells and a Turkey Choke so it will be a couple of years before i get a Benelli

I just shot by M2 using my mercury recoil reduction device from Brownells. It WORKS! I feel it reduces the recoil about 60% (felt). I will now work on the "kickease" recoil pad. The Benellei is a great gun, but it needs work to truly earn the "comfort tech" crown, in my opinion. Frankly, the "comfort tech" system is not as good as I had hoped it would. I hope it works better with a "kickease" type pad. Otherwise, I'll stick with my Browing Gold. This is a problem Benelli should address, they do make a great product.

We bought the m2. It does kick considerably more than my old broke-in 1100, but not has hard as some pumps i've shot. I like the gun, you can shoot it very quick, it's light, swings well, but the safety is way too stiff. I shot heavy loads for the first couple of boxes and then tried some 1 oz, never missed cycling once. Does anyone know if Benelli has done anything about the stiff safety, I've read on here, it's not unique to my gun.

Bid D:

Yes they have, do a search, you need to e-mail someone and they tell you to send in the trigger assembly and they replce the spring. I had mine done before hunting season adn I actually forgot about it until just now. About $4 for shipping and its a totally new safety.

Originally posted by Big D:

We bought the m2. It does kick considerably more than my old broke-in 1100, but not has hard as some pumps i've shot. I like the gun, you can shoot it very quick, it's light, swings well, but the safety is way too stiff. I shot heavy loads for the first couple of boxes and then tried some 1 oz, never missed cycling once. Does anyone know if Benelli has done anything about the stiff safety, I've read on here, it's not unique to my gun.

My safety works just right. If your safety is hard to work, take it to a Benelli certified gunsmith for a little TLC. Don't try to fix it yourself, or have your hunting buddy do the work.

My M1 does kick pretty good with 3 inch loads but it seems fine with light loads and we do a bunch of pigeon hunting with 1 oz and 1 1/8 oz loads. I did replace my recoil pad with an SVL pad and it is quite comfortable to shoot with all loads now.

TC