M2

Cam_net

Hello evertbody I am new to this so bear with me.

I am waiting for the M2 to be released over here the M1 is still being promoted and sold.

I wonder if any M2 owners can give advice as too shot size for duck and pigeon which is what it will mainly be used for. By the way over here we are are not allowed to use weopons for self defense.Go figure.

You should go up two sizes if going from lead to steel. Lead alternatives, such as bismuth or tungsten-iron are OK to match lead sizes.

Many wingshooters prefer the 28" for a smoother swing through the target.

It's hard to say exactly what size shot you'll need, without knowing more about your setup.

Are the ducks large like mallards, or smaller like teal?

For larger ducks over decoys, I like 2's and 3's in steel or 4's and 6's in lead. For longer shots, drop each number by one.

For lead, add a number to each.

Getting back our self-defense comment - I'd rather be tried in a court of law than buried in a courtyard of headstones.

As a new shooter I am looking for the holy grail a shotgun that will do everything. I realise that is not possible but as a one gun shooter I want something that will cover most bases. The M2 looks to me to be the tool for the job. I appreciate the knowlegde available through this forum and want to be guided by what you know. So please help out. Thanks.

Originally posted by Cam_net:

As a new shooter I am looking for the holy grail a shotgun that will do everything. I realise that is not possible but as a one gun shooter I want something that will cover most bases. The M2 looks to me to be the tool for the job. I appreciate the knowlegde available through this forum and want to be guided by what you know. So please help out. Thanks.

I think you are making a good choice in the M2. Wil yours be a comfortech or wood stock? I have the wood version. Old habits.

I bought one last August and sofar it has been through 1 upland bird season and is no getting ready for season 2.

I can't really comment on the waterfowl shot reccomendations but I used #4 steel for pheasnts or #5 lead where allowed. Ended up with about 15 birds last year. It is going goose hunting on hte 5th of November on the Columbia by Pasco Washington.

This gun has also served me quite well for 16-yard trap, 5-stand and Sporting Clays. It has been quite reliable after about 5000 rounds it still has not missed a beet.

So good luck and enjoy it when you get it.

Mike :D

Originally posted by Cam_net:

Hello evertbody I am new to this so bear with me.

I am waiting for the M2 to be released over here the M1 is still being promoted and sold.

I wonder if any M2 owners can give advice as too shot size for duck and pigeon which is what it will mainly be used for. By the way over here we are are not allowed to use weopons for self defense.Go figure.

:rolleyes: Ok, what shot should you use for duck hunting. Well as mentioned before the bismuth is a way to go for the non toxic but you can find some good fast steel loads I would recomend 2's and 4's depending on the size of ducks you are shooting.

Stay away from the tung/iron there is a new non toxic called tungston/poly its a material just under bismuth in performance. Kent calls this load tung/matrix. and its much softer then tung/iron which is hard on your barrel. check out this site for good info. http://members.cox.net/azwildlife/Shotgun.htm

:D