STOP THE TELESTOCK MODS!

dport

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its just not worth the headache...

I think it is very shady that Benelli will even be importing the parts and allowing them on the civi market knowing this.

There are enough legal toys I can own that I dont need something that could (even though wouldnt be) a headache... Just not worth it.

Enjoy them

I will enjoy my HK/Benelli M1 & M3

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by WIN9639445:

If these stocks are illeagal on the M4/M1014's, why can you buy a new gun from a BENELLI dealer with the collapsable ALREADY on? Check here: http://www.calssportingarmory.com/BenelliM1014M4.htm

Check the lower portion of the page. Comes with both the full and collapasable stocks, REAL M1014 COLLAPSABLE STOCK TUBE INSTALLED and LE ONLY markings. Someone please explain?

Also Impact is selling them too:

Impact Guns - M1014 LE for sale

Would two FFL's be publically selling them if there was a good possiblity that the ATF would come and get them? I don't think so...

Originally posted by Flame Red:

quote:
Originally posted by WIN9639445:

If these stocks are illeagal on the M4/M1014's, why can you buy a new gun from a BENELLI dealer with the collapsable ALREADY on? Check here: http://www.calssportingarmory.com/BenelliM1014M4.htm

Check the lower portion of the page. Comes with both the full and collapasable stocks, REAL M1014 COLLAPSABLE STOCK TUBE INSTALLED and LE ONLY markings. Someone please explain?

Also Impact is selling them too:

Impact Guns - M1014 LE for sale

Would two FFL's be publically selling them if there was a good possiblity that the ATF would come and get them? I don't think so... Look at it this way, LE firearms were illegal for civilians to possess before the '94 AW ban expired, but are now legal. The '94 ban only affected domestic firearms. Imported LE firearms are still illegal for civilians to own due to 922®. Obviously, these two places selling LE M1014 shotguns ARE in violation of the law if these do in fact have working telestocks on them. Why else would the BATF mail me a letter saying that adding a working telestock or mag extension was illegal? I have this in writing directly from the BATF.

Until Benelli works this all out with the BATF and issues a public statement, I will not modify my M1014 in any manner.

Sounding like a broken record again here, but "nonsporting firearms" under 925(d)(3) still doesn't tell us whether the M4/M1014 was characterized as "nonsporting". Just because there is a general prohibition doesn't mean that specific firearms are "by default" nonsporting. It has to involve a determination by the AG or ATF, and we haven't seen the M4/M1014 on any hit list, although many other guns have made such lists, i.e. AK's, Uzi's, M1/M3, etc. Caution is admirable and wise, but I think there is insufficient basis to conclude that the M4/M1014's (fully functional as discussed ad nauseum) are illegal. Going back into my hole...

Originally posted by ipguy:

Sounding like a broken record again here, but "nonsporting firearms" under 925(d)(3) still doesn't tell us whether the M4/M1014 was characterized as "nonsporting". Just because there is a general prohibition doesn't mean that specific firearms are "by default" nonsporting. It has to involve a determination by the AG or ATF, and we haven't seen the M4/M1014 on any hit list, although many other guns have made such lists, i.e. AK's, Uzi's, M1/M3, etc. Caution is admirable and wise, but I think there is insufficient basis to conclude that the M4/M1014's (fully functional as discussed ad nauseum) are illegal. Going back into my hole...

Here's my take on it:

When Form 6's are approved to import NON-LE full-feature M4 Super 90 shotguns into the country, I will take that as a sign that they are legal for civilians to possess. Remember, there is no "list" of banned imports, only rejected Form 6's. ;)

In reference to the two retail stores selling the M4/M1014: as long as they do not sell them with telescoping stock and magazine extension already on the gun they shouldn't be in violation of the law. From what I saw on the website it looks like they are selling kits for the consumer to decide if they want to install the stuff and be in violation of the law.

Originally posted by Flame Red:

quote:
Originally posted by M4Madness:

Directly from the BATF website:

Nonsporting firearms are still prohibited from importation under 18 U.S.C. sections 922(l) and 925(d)(3).

I use mine for sporting purposes - Sporting Clays and trap & skeet. So it fits the definition. And I use mine for 3 gun competitions, and I feel very sporting when I shoot it. But the feds have long since abandoned the idea that a firearm's capacity to be used for such "sporting" purposes, or even the fact that it is ACTUALLY used for such "sporting" purposes, negates its character as a "nonsporting" firearm. This goes back to 1968, I believe; saw this in some legislative comments. Pretty amazing and sad at the same time. There is certainly a presumption in our gun control laws that buying a "nonsporting" firearm predisposes you to engaging in criminal acts with said firearm.

• 1 month later...

Is this a dead issue because of this statement"Legal under Federal law, check with your state and local laws before purchasing"?

http://www.benelliusa.com/firearms/m4.tpl

Has anyone actually heard a "Yes" from Benelli? I apologize to those of your that are tired of seeing a "Dead Horse" beat, but I want to make sure I'm legal before I go the collapsable stock route.