Brice's Bent Barrel

tucker301

Should Benelli replace Brice's bent barrel?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Should Benelli replace Brice's bent barrel?

• Yes, The barrel is obviously defective
    • No, Brice and his cousins can't shoot straight

As stated above, if the facts are being honestly presented to us, then yes, it sounds like Benelli should take care of him.

This is a real concern, and not just because of this one instance, but I could have sworn that I've read in another thread here that Benelli's shoot a little high as well. Or at least one of the models does.

Admittedly I've never looked that close at my Nova's pattern, but I hope that isn't the case. I would also hope that if the gun itself was defective I would get better satisfaction than this fellow has seen.

It's common knowledge in the business world that if you please a customer he'll tell a couple friends, but if you piss him off he'll tell ALL his friends. That's bad for business, though when you have a national and even global company, maybe you just don't care. Dunno, hard to say. I guess I'd like to see how far off the gun shoots to see what Benelli considers to be "in spec" or "within tolerance".

And while I like the idea of the poll, I'd be surprised if it lead to any type of outcome for the guy with the right-wing shooter. If Benelli allowed themselves to be swayed by a poll on their forums, every free-loader in the free world would be here starting up a poll. Unfortunately.

I voted for him as well, yet that doesn't change the fact that what I said is true. And in no way was I trying to imply that anyone here would support a dishonest poll, just that we have one guys word for what's going on without any verification.

So yes, assuming that the information we have been provided is accurate / true, then yes, I support Benelli giving him a new barrel. And again, if this poll sways Benelli in any way shape or form... I will be very surprised - despite $8,000 effin dollars. ;)

[ 08-03-2005, 10:28 AM: Message edited by: sdkidaho ]

I agree that it is doubtful that this poll will make or break this issue, but at least it gives those of us who feel that Benelli is short-changing Brice a chance to let them know that.

That's all I ever expected it to do.

I've seen more success stories from CS on here than I have failures, but so far, this one is a failure.

I am right eye dominant.

of course i have looked at my choke tube and barrel so much i am now almost cross eyed dominant! lol

Originally posted by Butch-M:

I'm not sure that the general website membership would support a dishonest post/poll ... I know I wouldn't. I voted for Brice ... and I didn't even ask if he was checked for being left eye dominant!

Well ... you're right ... BUT, looking at it from the worst perspective ... and I don't think Brice would be so vocal and indignant if he wasn't suffering an injustice ... but even if Brice took a tumble and bent the barrel ... how often does that happen??? Benelli would gain a lot of good will, reputation and future consideration for just replacing the thing. What's it really cost them??? $150.00??? Benelli is getting premium prices for their stuff, so there must be some room for such a "write off" without even getting into accounting and tax benefits they might have coming. Those companies that have spectacular reputations for customer service take care of their buyers even when it's pretty clear that they don't have much obligation to do so. How many people have you heard say Swarovski fixed xyz ... and the customer was stunned that the optics came back "no charge?" I have Leica binos & rangefinder and Zeiss scopes ... love them both ... but odds are my next purchase will be Swaro for all the great things I hear about the way they take care of their customers. (Although Ziess was good to me during my research)

Originally posted by Butch-M:

Benelli would gain a lot of good will, reputation and future consideration for just replacing the thing. What's it really cost them??? $150.00??? Benelli is getting premium prices for their stuff, so there must be some room for such a "write off" without even getting into accounting and tax benefits they might have coming.

I still agree, and no matter what else you say I'll still be on your side!!

:D

The barrel ain't bent guys, the choke threads were cut off center. It happens on rare occasions.

It has almost no bearing on wingshooting, but spend 25-30 days in the field a year after the finest gamebird that walks, spend $1000's on hunts and leases, and then tell me that it's ok to miss a tom with a gun that is 'within specs'. No frickin' way Benelli!

Rumor has it that Brice has been in touch with a higher level CS/Gunsmith person at B-USA. I hope it gets resolved.

Ski, if you are not with us, you are against us.....You know the facts, yet still question the man.....what is the point of questioning his veracity?.....

mudhen - CA

Question the man? True, I did say "assuming everything being told to us is true" and why wouldn't I? No offence to Brice, but I don't know him from Adam, so a quantifying statement hardly seems out of order.

Against us or with us? Us who? The people I'm agreeing with? If the gun isn't functioning as intended, I AGREE that Benelli should fix it, free of charge. Yet I STILL do not think this type of action on a public forum on the internet is something that a large coporation would suddenly change it's mind from.

I wasn't looking for a fight or argument. smile.gif Some of you might be squeezing the Charmin just a little too tightly.

charmin.gif

Man ... everybody agrees ... and we still find something to yak about. LOL

WELL ... if the THREADS are screwed up (so to speak) and Brice is right eye dominant and not cross eyed with rage ... obviously Brice holds no fault in this situation ... THEN ... Friggen Benelli better get on the stick and make this right!!!

Update:

I received a PM from Brice today.

I will post it only with his permission, but I will convey the important parts here and now.

CS has contacted Brice and asked him to prepare the barrel and choke tube for shipment to Benelli. They will have a UPS pickup order issued to save him the freight charges.

He has been assured that it will be given personal attention by the CS rep. who contacted him and by their supervisor. They will call Brice when they have the barrel in hand and they will discuss the problem with him.

He also said that this was supposed to happen last time it was sent back, and that he was supposed to get a test target back as well. Neither one was done last time, and he got his misaligned-choke-tube-threaded (bent) barrel back.

Let's all hope that Brice gets satisfaction this time and that the story will have a happy ending for all.

Kudos to Benelli CS once again for giving it another shot.

OK gentlemen, don't get you panties in a bunch. I realize your rants make for a good thread and sometime fact gets in the way of a good ***** session but here's the scoop.

I talked to our head gunsmith and here is what has been goin on with Mr. Hensley's gun.

First, he sent in the barrel only. We put it on one of our receivers and it patterned fine so we sent it back.

Then he sent the barrel back (again without his receiver). We phoned him and asked him to send the receiver as well. He did and we tested his whole gun. Once, again it patterned fine.

We are still working on this issue with Mr. Hensley and we will make it right just like we always do. (Just so you know, we would take care of Mr. Hensley gun regardless of your poll)

This may be hard for some of you to swallow but more times than not (try 9 out of 10) when we have an issue like this, where the gun has been looked at several times by our professional gunsmiths and the customer insists that the gun is not working correctly it turns out to be user error.

Nelli Girl

PS - sdkidaho I like your Mr. Whipple reference ;)

Brice must have originally been talking to the same "Benelli lady" that the guy trying to put .308's & .300 magnums through his R1 was talking with. LOL My dealer was waiting quite a long time for my smoothbore barrel to be delivered until he got to the right person too. Once he did ... the barrel was delivered three days later. Looks like they're trying to "do the right thing" for Brice.

Well Nelli girl ... you sit quietly on the sidelines ... but when you do jump in it’s with sword drawn. LOL God, one pseudo sexual inference and the thread regresses to seventh grade and you’ve corrupted the self righteous indignity. LOL You’re pretty good.

RANTS??? Well when corporations like Exxon & Mobil are making tens of BILLIONS in quarterly profits on the backs of the working masses ... we tent to rant. Beretta/Benelli are viewed far more favorably than the oil boars nest ... but I would guess that most hunters understand they’re a multinational corporation governed by the fundamental laws of capitalism and not a house of craftsman tinkering away lovingly on each hand made firearm, by glowing sunlight streaming through a window in Milan, or Urbino or Brescia , Italy. I also suspect that those same hunters and shooters; keep an uneasy subconscious vigil waiting for the beloved brands to show signs of going over to the dark bureaucratic and impersonal side of the business world. When Benelli was replacing SBEII recoil pads at no cost for instance ... while I didn’t partake of the situation ... it made me feel more comfortable with my first Benelli purchase. Moved Benelli way up the ladder when I consider my NEXT purchase. We rant more particularly towards those who will listen; husbands, wives, loved one, friends, like minded people, politicians looking for votes ... and sympathetic personnel within those corporations; that have a conscience and/or a customer friendly policy. Those corporations which still make their sales and profits with an attitude of their customers being a partner to their success. Corporations like Dell Computer and Swarovski come to mind. Lifting my Benelli out of the case on a crisp autumn morning; produces feelings of trust and pride of ownership and a sense of kinship ... good feelings. There’s a far deeper reason than most realize that you see the firearm or bow displayed in every hunter/trophy photo you’ve ever seen!!! You need that for me to buy another Benelli product.

So ... Nelli girl, you should feel honored that we choose to rant to you. I suspect we clearly felt that you, or some person with a connection to Benelli would be alarmed by the “rants,” and indeed Brice’s dilemma; and help him. Not only is it the right thing to do for the guy ... I think there is a subconscious “But for the grace of God there goes John Bradford” working here too. LOL I don’t think these posts were meant to be soothing Brice Hensley’s damaged psyche. In the frenzy of corporate life, sometimes, through no intention; things can just get overlooked or shuffled to the side. I think the posts were meant to reach Benelli with some customer concern; and get them to focus on and correct; what appears to be at least a misunderstanding, and at worst an injustice.

Okay ... it’s so friggen hot out I had to quit practicing with my bow, come in and sit at this desk in front of the air conditioner and find something to do ... I admit it. Rant?, Sermon? Perspective? Rambling?

Now that I've 'unbunched my manties', I have a couple of thoughts;

I work for an Italian MF. We too find that 9/10 alleged defects are user error. However, that statistic cannot be used to negate the 1/10 (closer to 1/100 for us) customer who has a real problem.

Also, if Benelli USA was going to work with Brice regardless of the poll/rant, may I ask when would that have happened? He sent the barrel back twice and it was returned both times with merely a 'within specs' comment.

I liked the Mr. Whipple comment too, pretty easy to like it when you don't have a bad $400 barrel.....

We have a radio show here in Sacto that has a segment 'Bad News Over Happy Music' where they tell horrible news stories while playing happy music.

Their catch phrase is 'it's not bad news unless it happens to you'........

mudhen - CA