Got my M4 :)

stoenggi

Very nice!

I'm thinking about buying a new SIG P226 X-Five Tactical SA/DA in 9mm para this summer smile.gif

Is the picantinny rail mountet straight to the barrel or on this bigger ring which holds the barrel and magazine up togheter? I'm just asking because I'd like to mount a surefire on my M4 but the whole rifle must still be easily detachable for cleaning without removing any rails.

Ooo, the X-Five Tactical. That will be one sweet pistol.

The pic rail you're talking about is from Side Armor. It comes in two pieces and clamps to the barrel. You can remove the barrel from the mag tube without removing the side armor rail--it doesn't interfere in any way. It's pretty cool--I have a couple parts on the way and then I can mount my Surefire M3 on my shotty. Can't wait! :D

Ok, thank you. That seems to be a pretty cool system. I hope I can find a dealer that is allowed to export to Switzerland...

edith: What about the precission? Is there no affect due to reduced or changed barrel vibrancy?

[ 06-14-2006, 03:02 PM: Message edited by: stoenggi ]

Originally posted by stoenggi:

What about the precission? Is there no affect due to reduced or changed barrel vibrancy?

Hmmm, I don't think there would be any change. Shotguns aren't know for their accuracy anyway so I doubt the side armor would make any difference.