SBE II question

schwabta

My dad and I recently purchased the super black eagle two. Upon shooting it we noticed it kicks like ****. We know a guy who has the mercury recoil system in his Super black eagle. Is this compatible with the super black eagle two or has benelli not developed one for this one yet?

Originally posted by BLKLABMAN:

I think the SBE II recoils like a gas tube, in that it doesnt kick. But.... Perceived recoil is different for everyone. If the recoil is that great to you, you might think about going to a 391, or other gas operated semi-auto.

I think the SBE II recoils like a gas tube, in that it doesnt kick. But.... Perceived recoil is different for everyone. If the recoil is that great to you, you might think about going to a 391, or other gas operated semi-auto.

I have a remington 11-87 and I feel that shooting 3 inch mags out of that kicks butis nothing like the recoil of the super black eagle 2. I plan on using it for turkey hunting so recoil isn't really an issue but i also would like to use it for goose hunting and I don't want to get pounded all day if you know what i mean.

I used mine for ducks and geese with 3.5's this year and had no problems with recoil.

Admittedly, recoil on the test bench is annoying, but when geese and ducks are coming, it isn't even noticed.

The SBEII is a lightweight gun. It's going to seem to kick harder if for no other reason than that.

You're 20. You're a man.

Originally posted by tucker301:

I used mine for ducks and geese with 3.5's this year and had no problems with recoil.

Admittedly, recoil on the test bench is annoying, but when geese and ducks are coming, it isn't even noticed.

The SBEII is a lightweight gun. It's going to seem to kick harder if for no other reason than that.

You're 20. You're a man.

very true i guess it just seems alot worse when you are trying to pattern it. I actually noticed that it kicked a lot harder than what I had before, but my dad is the one who is more upset considering he shot a 3.5 out of it and it split his lip, he is also about 6 fott 205. Just some food for thought.

LMAO.. you need to switch to a 20gauge tucker if you bruise that easy .. don't worry.. I won't go any further tongue.gif :D

tell pops to lean into the shot a little and give it a grip! :D

or if its stiil tough on you like B.LABMAN said .. go to a gas gun.. that 391 is your sweetest bet there.

I think the SBE II recoils like a gas tube, in that it doesnt kick.

Are you serious?!?!?

My 391 sporting is a bloody puff cake to shoot, no recoil, very fast action. I'm not very recoil sensative, but my II does kick more than my 1 (has an x-coil on it).

I shot some 2 oz. kent TM loads from my 1 on a goose hunt two years ago, ripped the skin from my hand. I had blood all over the stock but i was too cold to feel the pain. Those mortar rounds aren't fun.

I recently sold my AL391 to upgrade to a Legacy I got my hands on. Very similar guns in weight and handling with the AL391 kicking just a little bit less overall. (Makes sense since they are manufactured by the same group) Ease of cleaning and breakdown on the Benelli made my change a no brainer after owning a SBE. I agree with the guys saying the difference in live hunting is basically not noticeable...Let me qualify that... if you shoot 3 & 1/2's on a SBE II, it kicks your butt after a box or two, but isn't that the point - want to drop them big honkers from way up there! Seeing them fall makes it not so noticeable, it's only when you miss! smile.gif

Originally posted by Drundel:

quote:

I think the SBE II recoils like a gas tube, in that it doesnt kick.

Are you serious?!?!?

My 391 sporting is a bloody puff cake to shoot, no recoil, very fast action. I'm not very recoil sensative, but my II does kick more than my 1 (has an x-coil on it).

I shot some 2 oz. kent TM loads from my 1 on a goose hunt two years ago, ripped the skin from my hand. I had blood all over the stock but i was too cold to feel the pain. Those mortar rounds aren't fun. Yes, I am serious. The SBE II with 3" rounds to me, does not recoil any harder than a gas tube 391.

You've been hanging out with Skack for too long. :eek: :D

That and your an Aggie Grad!! :D hehehehe

[ 03-21-2005, 05:12 PM: Message edited by: BLKLABMAN ]