magazine plug for M3

HK-M3

Is it possible to get into the magazine to put a plug in an HK-M3? Mine has long standard tube with no 'extension'. It just came long. I need to reduce magazine capacity for the upcoming hunting season. I have disassembled the gun and looked at the owner's manual, but have made no progress. I can very easily fashion a plug myself, but first I need to get inside the magazine.

Thanks Jason. Mine doesn't seem to have anything that screws, except the knurled ring that tightens down on the threads halfway down the magazine tube in front of the pump. The manual led me to believe that the metal stopper at the front end of the magazine tube could be coaxed out, but I don't believe that to be the case either. In any case, I'd like to know what to try next!

Okay, another HK-M3 owner established that his has a 3/4 moon shaped piece in the end of the mag tube that is removable. Mine does not. It only has a metal circular stopper piece that is retained by the crimped mag tube. Anybody know how it comes apart????!!!!!!