Reliability, Satisfaction - Please Post Up

Full Bore

There have been numerous threads here lately on this subject so I'm starting one to prove how many Benelli owners are satisfied and happy with their Nelli's, no matter which model/models of Benelli you may own. Please post only positve comments and stories of your guns and their operation only. If you only have negative items to post please start another thread or add to a current post. With over 7000 members here I'm sure there are more than myself and couple of dozen or so totally happy Benelli owners. I believe if most everyone will post their experiences here it will show the new buyer, Benelli hater, or what have you, most Nelli owners are more than happy. As always, you hear the complaints and not all thats good. Hopefully this post will end up with many pages of success stories. I believe it will.

I own a SBE II, M4, Sport II and the newest 20 ga. Supersport. I can truely say I am totally happy and satisfied with all of them. A burp or two here or there over time. Yes. I have seen $10,000 guns do it also.

I have been too busy lately to shoot the new SS but its coming soon and I'll post up when I do. I can't believe it will let me down.

As a smith I buy what I work on the least and that would be the Benelli.

Thanks Full Bore

I just bought an M2 Synthetic/26" and totally love it. I took it duck hunting and it worked great except for a single failure to return to battery with a fully closed bolt after an overhead shot. Here in WA state conditions can get pretty bad, that day had rain with temps in the mid 40's and wind gusts up to 25 knots. After the failure I cycled it and noticed it had leaves of sea grass and mud caked up inside the chamber. I rinsed it off with some sea water and it continued to work without problems.

I just bought my SBE II on 24Nov06. I wanted an auto because I shoot sporting clays with friends after each hunt and found that my NOVA was a handicap on the second shot. Also I think I have on occasion missed a second shot on woodduck due to the pump. I went to a trap range on Sat just to see how it would shoot. Five boxes of target loads and not one problem. I was expecting at least one hang-up due to a new gun with light loads but she shot like a dream. This is one of the best handling and well made guns I have ever shot.

had a Nova and it worked fine, but I decided to upgrade to a semi-auto.

Bought my SBEII over two years ago and it has been perfect.

I hunt with it.

If I'd wanted a trap gun, I would have bought one.

Had an R1, and it did everything I expected of it without any mechanical failures.

The stock did crack, but Benelli CS worked with me to not only get me a replacement, but one that matched the forearm in grain and tone.

Everyone at Benelli has been great to me, and I've even had one of their smiths to slip me a secret or two.

Great company.

Great people.

Great products.

I have a nova and it has worked flawlessly the whole time I have had it. I think after hunting season is over I am going to trade it for the supernova. The only thing I don't like about the nova is that the trigger guard is to small to fit a gloved finger so I have a cold hand every time I hunt, hence the reason I want the supernova.

I own 2 M2 12ga's and an M1 20ga and have been extremely happy with them. I use them for hunting and sporting clays and they always work. I shot an M1 12ga for 4 years and put probably 5000 to 6000 rounds through it and I could count the number of malfunctions on one hand, (something you couldn't do with most other autos) and only 1 of them was with a factory shell, the rest were with reloads that either had low charges of powder or didn't get resized properly and stuck ion the chamber. The gun even worked flawlessly with an action packed full of dirt after belly crawling a half-mile down a plowed field in strong winds to sneak up on some snow geese.

I think I've had 12 or so Benellis since 1991. All have worked fine.

My 1991 SBE still goes on a few hunts each year. I figure that gun has maybe 40,000 rounds through it. It did have a barrel ring crack after 10 seasons. Benelli fixed in 27 days total including both shipping times. It came back reblued, with upgrades to the ejector plate, new locking pin, etc. All at no charge even after 10 years.

I have an SBE slug gun that has about a dozen Iowa whitetail notches.

I have an SBE II that has run about 25 straight toms (k.o.w.).

I do love other guns, but Benelli is still #1 in my book.

I hear about many new guns for 2007 and beyond. I really think Benelli is just warming up.

mudhen - CA

[ 11-29-2006, 12:05 PM: Message edited by: mudhen ]

Ive got a Nova pump which is fairly new, has about 100 rounds through it, and no problems. I have a SBE that I've had about 2 years and it has been great. From todays hunt in 14 degree weather to blowing, freezing rain, this gun has been PERFECT. The camo is chipping off in places but to me they are battle wounds. It's been dunked under water and dropped in the snow completely submerged. It goes bang everytime I pull the trigger. :D

I'll wade in here...I have an older M1, and older SBE, and a Montefeltro in 20ga. I also own about a dozen other shotguns - 870's, Faustis, Browning O/U, Stoeger, Winchester, Mossberg, etc. I have had a few issues with cycling in cold weather (below zero), but a change in lubrication solved that. The M1 is my "go to" gun.

When its time to get serious, there is no other choice for me - Benelli.

I received an SBEII in '04 that replaced an 1187 that could no longer handle 3" shells. I really liked that gun, once I got the stock adjusted, but there were too many repairs after 10 years.

I am very satisfied with the SBE II.

It is so easy to set up the stock, with the raised combs and shims, (instead of moleskin and electrical tape.)

It appears that this is a tough gun and should last me several decades.

It is easy to access and clean.

However it is not perfect. I too have had the occasional failure to lock, mostly with 1.1/8 oz loads. I saw "Deadly Benelli"'s post about polishing the shoulder area of the upper track on the bolt with steel wool.

I didn't use a dremel, but it appears that the bolt head rotates much more consistently. I can't wait to test it at the range. Thank you DB (did it work?) and all who post useful info on solutions.

I had one stovepipe this year in South Dakota which nearly caused me to sin. 1 in 750 rounds is great. I do not discount those who report more malfunctions.

Salutations to Benelli for sponsoring free communications which will help lead to solutions. Sarcasm notwithstanding, thank you again to Mudhen, Tucker and everyone contributing their knowledge, information and experience.

I wish I had some to contribute. [One small thing I can do is to provide guidance to any poor soul (hopefully no one here) who has suffered a domestic violence conviction, and still wishes to legally hunt and possess firearms.]

Bottom line- very satisfied owner. With some minor adjustments, this gun is as good as it gets.

I like the lookof the super sport cf

handles good.

not happy with the benelli click(fireing pin doesn't hit primer)

nor the trigger hanging up and sticking. I have to disassemble to fix.

I have had to do this everytime out.

only 600 rounds.

back to the factory for me

Originally posted by Full Bore:

There have been numerous threads here lately on this subject so I'm starting one to prove how many Benelli owners are satisfied and happy with their Nelli's, no matter which model/models of Benelli you may own. Please post only positve comments and stories of your guns and their operation only. If you only have negative items to post please start another thread or add to a current post. With over 7000 members here I'm sure there are more than myself and couple of dozen or so totally happy Benelli owners. I believe if most everyone will post their experiences here it will show the new buyer, Benelli hater, or what have you, most Nelli owners are more than happy. As always, you hear the complaints and not all thats good. Hopefully this post will end up with many pages of success stories. I believe it will.

I own a SBE II, M4, Sport II and the newest 20 ga. Supersport. I can truely say I am totally happy and satisfied with all of them. A burp or two here or there over time. Yes. I have seen $10,000 guns do it also.

I have been too busy lately to shoot the new SS but its coming soon and I'll post up when I do. I can't believe it will let me down.

As a smith I buy what I work on the least and that would be the Benelli.

Thanks Full Bore