newbe question

uncleknife

Is there a reason that combat/defensive style shotguns pump or semi auto, don't have box fed magazines?

I think it would be great for a quick reload or a change of ammo type.

I don't even think a high capacity is needed, maybe 5 to 10 rounds each would be cool.

[ 08-13-2004, 04:04 PM: Message edited by: uncleknife ]

a street sweeper is drum fed and i think styer makes a mag fed its called a bull pup. i think most of the reason is that fact that shot gun shells are so large that evan 5 or 10 would hang very low off the weapon that it would snag on every thing like a 30rd on an ak

• 2 weeks later...

Think of this:

A lever action rifle is similar to the feeding mechanism on a shotgun. The reason is because of the flat fronts of the rounds/shells. They stack end to end. When you try to feed the shells vertically they would get stuck, jam, without the ramp of the current models. That is why rifle bullets are pointed. So that they self center, and go farther.