Benelli sport 11

dmc46

DMC46,

A coouple of suggestions on handling recoil:

1. make sure your bend of the elbow is at 90 degrees to your body to create a deep "pocket" at your shoulder and make sure you mount the gun firmly in the fleshy part of that pocket on your chest muscle (not on the collar bone!)

2. try a Browning Reactar Shooting Harness - It has a 5mm thick, lightweight Beta Gel that forms to your body in the harness or you can buy an individual pad to sew in clothes. It claims to reduce peak recoil by up to 30 percent. Heree is a link with both. Note, the harness already includes a pad. http://www.wholesalehunter.com/product/browning/brngdes/Shootingwear.HTM

3. Try some yoga stretching exercises for your shoulder to add flexibility and strengthen. Yoga did wonders for my chronic shoulder problems

Hopefully that is a different spin that is helpful. I shoot my M1 Practical and M1014 and have no issues now. And that can mean 75+ slugs in an afternoon. Good luck,

Tacman