SBE II. Lost recoil pad and other problems!

Mr. Lee

I was skeptical about the way the pad was designed. Sure enough the 2nd time it fell out I did not find it. I see it is not covered under warrenty.

75 bucks for a new pad.

Have they or are they going to make any improvements to this. Does anyone know if I can get the pad alot cheaper?

I see that others have had the stiff safety problem. Not sure if that has been addressed. I will probably take it apart and file something down to make it smooth. It is extremely difficult to click the safety off, especially if your hands are a little cold.

Finally something that I have noticed is that the trigger tension seems to be lighter than both of my M-1s. I am often fireing a split second before I want to. Has anyone else noticed this? Is there any way to increase the trigger tension? I took it apart but I could not see how I could modify anything to make it happen.

I think if you ask CS for a new pad @ no charge, you will get one.

I have heard they are out of stock though, prolly because they have had to replace so many!

The problem appears to be that some of the pads were undersized.

They will also fix the safety problem @ n/c, just ask.

Never heard of the other trigger issue.

Good luck!

mudhen - CA

Indeed, I called last week, even though I'd had no problems with my recoil pad, other than noticing a loose fit when cleaning the weapon, and CS has a new one on the way to me.

My trigger pull scale goes to 72 oz. bottoms out and then releases the sear at, I'm guessing, somewhere around 7 pounds. I don't believe the trigger pull is adjustable.

Never had a problem with the safety, but I've seen the posts and I believe CS will take care of that issue as well.

Well, I lost my pad on the 28th of Dec. and called benelli. They said they would send me a replacement pad. I thought great!

So as of today I still hadnt recieved one, so I gave customer service another call. The lady tells me they wrote one up for me on the 29th (whatever that means) but they are currently out of stock and dont expect to have any in for AT LEAST 30 days. What a joke........spend 1400 dollars on a shotgun that falls apart, plus once it falls apart you cant even get replacement parts........ :(

Thanks guys,

I posted this up because I had called CS and they said since I lost it....it is not under warrenty. But I feel that for the price of the gun I should not have to worry about pieces falling off under normal use.

Maybe I call them again or look into the plate Golden Bear mentioned.

The safety issue I can fix and the trigger tension is perfecty fine,except I am just not use to it yet.

Thank again,Steve

Call them back and say that your pad is too small and you need a new one. I wouldn't say a word about losing it. I don't think you have to send it back to them in order to get a replacement.

Ok, so this might not be the most honest way of doing this, but look at it this way, you only lost it because it was too small to begin with.

Yeah, my pad has fallen off many times and the last time I luckily found it in the nice clean rice paddy water under the blind.... :(

It is indeed 'sad' to have black electrical tape holding on the recoil pad. The pad in the stock has come loose as well.(anyone else have that problem?)

Once it warms up I'll use some silicone to hold them on better but in the mean time it sure is annoying to have petty troubles with a $1400 gun.

However since it performs so well and I shoot very well with it I figure once it's solved it will just be a bad memory and I'll go forward from here. I will request a new pad from CS as well and see what happens.

Originally posted by J.D.:

Well, I lost my pad on the 28th of Dec. and called benelli. They said they would send me a replacement pad. I thought great!

So as of today I still hadnt recieved one, so I gave customer service another call. The lady tells me they wrote one up for me on the 29th (whatever that means) but they are currently out of stock and dont expect to have any in for AT LEAST 30 days. What a joke........spend 1400 dollars on a shotgun that falls apart, plus once it falls apart you cant even get replacement parts........ :(

Mine has held up good, and I have hunted it hard 30+ days in the marsh and fields so far...No problems, other than a little rust on the sling swivel....BUt that is my fault....

Mine has held up good, and I have hunted it hard 30+ days in the marsh and fields so far...No problems, other than a little rust on the sling swivel....BUt that is my fault.... [/QB]

Same here except, I have had NO problems at all with my with my 2 SBE II's. Season here does not end until next weekend, but I have used them in several states this year, and they have been nothing but Flawless. Could not be happier. ;)