New Guy with New Benelli M1014

ColtM4

Hello all , just signed up. Don't know how it happened but a beautiful Benelli M1014 followed me home today. ;)

So as you can imagine I'm chock full of questions :confused: for you hardy veterans .

I very familiar with the weapons operation as it basically works like the M1.

My first question is , does surefire make an integrated light for this model yet ? Or does the M1 version work ?

Will a fixed stock with pistol grip go on this model ?

Does tac star make a separate model for the 1014 or will the M1 model work ?

thanks in advance and please ad any tidbits of info you may want to share.

jack

Good buy!

The M4 is similar to the M1 except for the gas piston system instead of the inertia recoil driven system.

Surefire is supposidly in the process of making what is called the M80 dedicated rail system. This is not a dedicated light array. You'll have to piece together a light system yourself. I actually prefer this. I suggest dropping them an e-mail and asking them where it is. It was supposed to be done for this shotshow. They're tired of my e-mails. ;)

If you're in a hurry, you could get the Sidearmor rail system that mounts ahead of the factory forearm. It would be mandatory to use a tape switch for your activator with this method.

I would stay away from barrel clamp design lights.

Yes, Benelli offers a pistol griped fixed stock.

The Benelli M1 tacstar does fit on the M4, however many people dislike it. If improperly installed, it can jam up your weapon by binding the receiver. I currently use one though. It makes disassembly of the trigger group a real PITA. There is another company making the 3 gun gear I believe that makes a glue on one. Personally, I stay away from permanant mods like that. Not to mention elastic shell loops are tough to reload one handed, so you end up not using the shells while you're out shooting since it is such a PITA to reload. The Tacstar is great, they slip in with no trouble.

Hope this helps.

-Steve

Thanks for the info steve !

I'm going to go with the tac star then , I'll make sure not to over tighten it in.

I'm a little disapointed that surefire isnt going to make an integrated light system :mad: so I''ll probably wait for the surefire rail and mount a light on it .

I know you said that Benelli makes the pistol grip stock , but what I would like to know is if it will go on my M1014 , or will I have to make modifications etc...

thanks,

jack

No first hand experience with the M1014, but I'm pretty sure the pistol grip stock will fit on it without any modification.

I got the 11703 which came with the pistol grip stock and a few other design changes.

Here's my monster.

benelli16s.jpg

http://www.citlink.net/~lmiller/M4/benelli16b.jpg

You can find some deals on the parts you want here:

https://www.calssportingarmory.com/Benelli.htm

Never personally used them, so beware.

They even sell the upgraded barrel from the m1014, the one that has removeable chokes and 4 gas ports instead of 2.

Take a look at the Sidearmor mount. It may be what you want for your light. It's sturdy enough to mount a laser and not loose any zero.

http://www.sidearmor.com/cart/catalog/product_50_M401_Shotgun_Interface_system_for_Benelli_M4_M1014.html

-Steve

[ 04-03-2005, 08:43 PM: Message edited by: stevenb ]

Originally posted by stevenb:

No first hand experience with the M1014, but I'm pretty sure the pistol grip stock will fit on it without any modification.

I got the 11703 which came with the pistol grip stock and a few other design changes.

Here's my monster.

benelli16s.jpg

http://www.citlink.net/~lmiller/M4/benelli16b.jpg

You can find some deals on the parts you want here:

https://www.calssportingarmory.com/Benelli.htm

Never personally used them, so beware.

They even sell the upgraded barrel from the m1014, the one that has removeable chokes and 4 gas ports instead of 2.

Take a look at the Sidearmor mount. It may be what you want for your light. It's sturdy enough to mount a laser and not loose any zero.

http://www.sidearmor.com/cart/catalog/product_50_M401_Shotgun_Interface_system_for_Benelli_M4_M1014.html

-Steve

Originally posted by helmethair78:

I have the M1014. I also have the pistol grip stock. It will fit without any mods. You just spin it off and the other one spins on. The mag capacity is 7 +1 float and 1 in the chamber. ;)

thanks , thats one of the questions I had .

I e-mailed GG&G about their single point sling plate which goes on the back of the receiver. They advertise it for the M1 and M3 , so I asked them if it would also work on the M4.

I prefer single points for several reasons , one of them is I have one sling for all my longarms M4's etc...

thx

The weight of the weapon may make the single point sling difficult to use.

I purchased my 11703 about 6 or 7 months ago. Mind you the 11703 is different from the 11707 that everyone wants right now.

The 11703 doesn't have the notches for the collapsible stock. That's about the only difference. No the extended feed tube did not come with the weapon.

Almost had to use the weapon lastnight. SOmeone stole my crappy Buick Skylark. Just missed them. Could of given a range report on the green laser...

-Steve

Originally posted by stevenb:

The weight of the weapon may make the single point sling difficult to use.

I purchased my 11703 about 6 or 7 months ago. Mind you the 11703 is different from the 11707 that everyone wants right now.

The 11703 doesn't have the notches for the collapsible stock. That's about the only difference. No the extended feed tube did not come with the weapon.

Almost had to use the weapon lastnight. SOmeone stole my crappy Buick Skylark. Just missed them. Could of given a range report on the green laser...

-Steve

I'm used to the singlepoint sling , I have one on my Mossberg 590A1 with sidesaddle , speedfeed stock , fully loaded no problem.

Still waiting to hear from GG&G on the plate.

Gonna call surefire to find out whats up with a light systme/rail etc...

Originally posted by helmethair78:

It is easy, all you need is a set of snap ring pliers. If you don't have any you can use a flat blade screw driver. Stick it in the slot and carefully twist untill the ring comes out of the groove. Don't be scared just be carefull. ;)

All right...That's it. I'm freakin' spinnin' the front sling attachment tonight. Details to follow...