Benelli/H&K M1S90 tactical questions

madecov

I have the ability to aquire an H&K/Benelli M1S90 in a trade

serial number is M232xxx.

1) is this pre ban?

2) the gun has no boxes or papers and the muzzle is unthreaded, no chokes. Is this normal? all the info I have found on the net and speaking to benelli is that the gun should have had a threaded muzzle and choke tubes.

any referance on the tactical would be greatly appreciated

...serial number is M232xxx.

1) is this pre ban?

NO! I saw on the net somewhere that a guy had a M19833X and that was manufactured 9/19/94. I am pretty sure that yours is post ban. Call Benelli customer service and get the exact date for yourself.

2) the gun has no boxes or papers and the muzzle is unthreaded, no chokes. Is this normal? all the info I have found on the net and speaking to benelli is that the gun should have had a threaded muzzle and choke tubes.

I am not sure it is nromal, but some barrels were manufactured like that. You could always buy another barrel that has tubes, but obviously that adds to your cost. If you really want the shotgun then use this as a negotiation point to offer a lower price.

Go here for Benelli pre-ban/post-ban serial number info.

What kind of barrel: vent-rib with optical bead? Open rifle sights? Ghost ring sights?

I've seen pre-ban H&K-marked Benelli M1 Field with vent-rib and optical bead, threaded for choke tubes; and police trade-in M1S90 Defense with open rifle sights and fixed choke (no threading for tubes).

In current post-ban Benelli-imported M1 Tactical models with LPA ghost ring sights I've only ever seen threaded barrels with assorted choke tubes. Tubes were interchangeable with the beaded barrel I mentioned earlier.

A local dealer has a used PG-stocked HK/Benelli with the original style ghost ring sights. If I can remember next time I'm there, I'll check it out and add to this post...

[ 07-07-2004, 08:30 PM: Message edited by: Schiessuebung ]

This is a tactical with Ghost rings (non LPA). The seller says the muzzle is not threaded. Pics I've seen of the gun show it to be in superb (excellent) condition.

Yes, I could get a new barrel, but that makes the gun very expensive and I would need to buy a new rear sight slao.

[ 07-08-2004, 09:42 AM: Message edited by: madecov ]

Benelli said this one was built in 1995.

What bothers me (a little) is that there is no choke tubes, and that the seller claims the barrel is not threaded. Benelli Customer service says that there were a few that did not come with interchangeable chokes. I would imagine that it has a permanenet choke inside and was made only as a LEO type of gun.