Collapsible Stock Mod for M1014?

Flame Red

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by 1988RRC:

several months ago there were pictures posted that will show you the difference between the two tubes. the military version has longer "flat" spots on the tube to allow the tube to collaspe.

We need the links! Mine is waiting at the smith's to be milled. I would like to be able to send him these pictures!!!

This is the best picture I could find for the milatery model.

http://club.guns.ru/images/hkm4/4.jpg

[ 09-24-2004, 03:19 PM: Message edited by: Flame Red ]

The link with the pictures is April 4, 2004. They are close up and clear.

The only way that the M1014 owners can have a Benelli "original" collapsible stock is to buy a Model 11707 (Law Enforcement) and take the Recoil Spring Tube off that and use it on a M1014.

The M1014 stock that we have will collaspe with the proper tube. But Benelli will not release that part to the public. Or to be specific to the M1014 owners, all 2500 of us as the edition is completely sold out (?).

Any suggestions on putting pressure on Benelli to do the right thing?

You'd think they would read their on message board.

All they have to do is sell the tube. ****, they could ask an ungodly amount of money for it, and I'll be us M1014 owners would pay for it.

OT: Rescue, I notice you're in the next town over. Did you get the M1014 from Superior, Bobs, The Armory, A&P or none of the above?

Originally posted by M1014:

Use the Benelli search,look for member called NiteFlight #1223 -----topic called M1014 wear marks--------))))))))))))M1014(((((((((((((((((

The URL is: http://www.benelliusa.com/forums/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/415.html

Sent the picture to the smith. He probably won't even look at it for weeks. Will post results. Told him other are interested so he might get more business too.

The M1014 is portrayed as a military version in the marketing literature by Benelli It is made out to be a collectible version of the same shotgun used by the US marines. Yes I knew the stock was fixed to comply with AWB but since the shotgun is supposedly the military version the buffer tube would be replaceable and a collapsible stock could be added at a later time. Further I do have the magazine extension which allows for 7 rounds in the tube and one in the chamber. As I mentioned in earlier posts I can not get a straight answer as to whether the buffer tube can be replaced and Benelli is deliberately withholding the parts or the tube can not be removed from the receiver. If the later is true than this would not be a military version and should have not been marketed as such thus constituting fraud on the part of Benelli.

I strongly believe in immunity from lawsuits for gun manufactures when a mentally ill individual goes on a killing rampage as these types of incidents are beyond the control of the arms manufactures. Misrepresentation and fraud in the sale of the firearms is a completely different story.

The M1014 Limited Edition was misrepresented as a military version and we were defrauded by the Benelli Corporation and the dealers that sold us the shotguns. If this shotgun truly was a military version the buffer tube could be replace with one that allowed for a collapsible stock. Resale value of the M1014 is devalued because everyone now knows that it can never be fitted with a collapsible stock. And as far as a collectable you will just have to write it off as a loss because no one will care if it is a limited addition and has an American flag engraved on the receiver because it can’t be fitted with a collapsible stock.

I suggest the following action plan for all M1014 Limited Edition owners.

1) Write to Benelli and make it clear you feel you were defrauded and demand that they retrofit or replace the shotgun.

2) M1014 owners should make multiple postings about their dissatisfaction with Benelli in every firearm forum (i.e. AR15.com, glocktalk.com, etc.) they visit in cyberspace.

3) All computer savvy M1014 owners should start a Benelli dissatisfaction website and register it with all well known search engines such as Google. That way when potential Benelli purchasers look for product buying advice our websites will show up with our complaints.

4) Express you dissatisfaction with Benelli products at all gun club meetings you attend. Put flyers up on the bulletin boards at the shooting ranges you attend with buyer beware warnings when it comes to Benelli products.

5) Write to all major firearms publications and the NRA and tell them how you were defrauded.

6) If you work at a large hospital or corporation use your organizational wide email lists to tell others about Benelli’s despicable behavior.

7) Consider participating in a class action lawsuit against Benelli. We are 2500 plaintiffs strong and most juries are sympathetic to the plaintiff and not the corporate defendant.

It is time Benelli is made to do the corporate perp walk for knowingly and willfully deceiving the consumers that bought the M1014 Limited Edition. Benelli M1014 Limited Edition owners now know that the M in the M1014 stands for misrepresentation and not military.

After seriuosly considering buying the M1014 i feel glad i didnt now. I would be pretty **** pissed if i spent the $ on the M1014 and i couldnt put on the Collapsible stock. That stock was a big part of the draw to that gun for me. It looks sharp without it, but with it the **** thing is purdy beyong words.

I really feel for my Benelli brothers who own this model and are getting screwed. Hopefully Benelli will address this issue for all the M1014 owners. I like the Benelli, but i wont be buying a M1014 unless they resolve the FUBAR.

Andy

Originally posted by AndyinSoCAL:

After seriuosly considering buying the M1014 i feel glad i didnt now. I would be pretty **** pissed if i spent the $ on the M1014 and i couldnt put on the Collapsible stock. That stock was a big part of the draw to that gun for me. It looks sharp without it, but with it the **** thing is purdy beyong words.

I really feel for my Benelli brothers who own this model and are getting screwed. Hopefully Benelli will address this issue for all the M1014 owners. I like the Benelli, but i wont be buying a M1014 unless they resolve the FUBAR.

Andy

Remember the LE version of the M4 is for sale to the public, and it can usually be found cheaper than the M1014. It has the correct tube.

Originally posted by WIN9639445:

I was told by BENELLI customer service that the stock tube CANNOT be removed from the M1014 and if I tried the reciever would break. They said it can be removed on the M4 model and any stock (collapsable or fixed) can be mounted. I was told being that it was a "LIMITED EDITION" it was made specifically this way with an unremovable stock tube. I talked to my BENELLI Law Enforcement dealer/friend and he was told only ONE reciever was produced and the only difference are the markings. He DID replace a stock tube a little while ago to a collapsable tube but cannot remember if it was a M 1014 or a regular M4. He cannot remember if it had the US FLAG on the side or not. He is going to research this more as he has a customer that tried to remove his stock M 1014 tube and cannot get it off. He will try and do it and if not have his CLASS 3 gunsmith/armorer have a go at it. I will post a reply once I find out from him if the M 1014 tube CAN be removed and the correct one put on. Has anyone here actually got the M 1014 tube off the reciever WITH OUT damage? If so, PLEASE let me know.

Keep us posted. It appears as if there is just a retaining nut that keeps the tube on the receiver, but I don't have the tools to remove it to see if there is a weld or something below it.

I would guess, if they did make it where it can't be removed, there would be a small weld there. I can't see any weld on the retaining nut.

Members I have posted diagrams from the owner’s manual of the M1014. I think Benelli should prove that the buffer tube attaches differently on M1014 and provide us with detailed diagrams substantiating this fact. Further if the buffer tube does attached differently on the M1014 then the shotgun should have never been represented as a “military” collectable version. Plain and simply a military version would allow for the replacement of the buffer tube. Further if the buffer tube is permanently attached to the receiver that means any malfunction of the buffer assembly would require a new receiver. So not only do you have a shotgun that can never have a collapsible stock on it you will have to buy a new receiver if the buffer tube assembly is ever damaged.

The M1014 Limited Edition owner’s manual is showing the removal of the buffer tube as you would expect from a military version. So evidently we were further defrauded by Benelli with the inclusion of the military manual instead of a manual that depicted the actual design of the shotgun we purchased.

did you notice also the M1014's come with a M4 SUPER 90 owners manual. These manuals also have no mention inside of a "SPECIAL EDITION" model or the M1014 being mentioned at all or of a model with a NON-REMOVABLE stock tube. The WHOLE BENELLI M1014/M4 deal is starting to really dissapoint me! I will probably not look at/ use this weapon for a LONG time now! LOL

[ 10-20-2004, 07:12 AM: Message edited by: WIN9639445 ]

Sorry to deviate from the subject a little...but looking at the buffer tube in the above diagram and the one in the M1 Super 90, they look the same. Besides the M4 and M1014 being gas is there really much difference in the M1 and M4 buffer tube system? It's a stretch but if the M4 tube system would work on the M1...I could put the collaspable stock on the M1 :D . Feasible??

Mix and match factory parts,, never know,,,just be careful in your research and development,its gonna cost either way,,,,I will always love my M1 Tactical and M1014--------I don't give a SH*T what type of stock is on my Benellis,they handle and shoot like a hot date,very reliable never no problems,they feel and look good toooooooooo. Peace my Benelli brothers*********M1014########## :D

[ 10-02-2004, 11:53 AM: Message edited by: M1014 ]

Having looked at the tube in question. I don't think there is any difference between the M4S90 and the M1014. I think Benelli's comment about ruining the receiver is because the retaining nut is torqued on there pretty good, and if you didn't support the receiver during disassembly you'd probably bend it out of true.

Again it's not a military version of the shotgun; it's a commemorative edition.

With all these posts belly aching about Benelli, has anyone actually contacted their corporate offices in Italy like Benelli Girl suggested? Hmm?

Or is it more fun to ferment "revolt" and complain than to try to change thngs?

Anytime I purchase a firearm I read the manufacture’s technical documentation, marketing literature and owner’s manual before I agree to make the purchase. I did not read anywhere in the above three items that this shotgun could never have the buffer tube replaced. The buffer tube and assembly is exposed to wear and tear on a regular basis just as the trigger group, bolt and barrel. Essential we were duped into buying a weapon that if the buffer tube assembly were to fail you would be required to buy a new shotgun. That is the equivalent of buying a weapon where the barrel could never be replaced. Evidently I missed the part in the literature about this being a disposable shotgun.

We were defrauded as to the ability to repair the firearm as well as this shotgun being identical in design to the military version. Many manufactures have employed methods to prevent a stock from collapsing to comply with the laws but you could still replace the buffer tube assembly if there was some type of failure.

This shotgun now has no resale value at all. Who would buy a shotgun where once the buffer assembly fails you would have to throw out the whole receiver.

Again I urge all M1014 owners to consider a class action lawsuit against Benelli. We have been subjected to a severe monetary loss by purchasing this shotgun.

Originally posted by slu_med:

Essential we were duped into buying a weapon that if the buffer tube assembly were to fail you would be required to buy a new shotgun.

You're a troll and I hope you're banned from this forum.

You have ABSOLUTELY NO PROOF the recoil spring tube cannot be replaced.

Again, for the umpteenth time, the gun was sold as a commemorative.

Why don't you go ahead and start with the lawsuit and see how many people are as outraged as you? You might as well, because it seems like it is too hard for you to contact Benelli corporate in IT.

If you're gun has NO resale value, I'll do you a favor. I'll buy it for $250 sight unseen.

I have a question. Have you contacted Benelli to see if you can send in your gun to have the tube replaced? Or are you just pissed because you can't find the parts you need on the internet?

One more thing, there is NO WAY IN **** Benelli would market the gun as being identical to the military version. They couldn't because when the gun was introduced to the public they had to comply with the AWB. Do you think the military got the fake mag extension? The magazine limiter? The flag on the side? The fake tele-stock?

You are a troll, and not an especially bright one at that. Now either sell me your gun that has not value for $250 or go back to living under your bridge and STFU.

[ 10-02-2004, 09:24 PM: Message edited by: dport ]

What is that some of you members don’t understand about my postings? Since some of you are having difficulty comprehending I will provide a summary for those individuals that are not the sharpest tools in the shed.

1. Benelli technical support stated the tube can not be removed without causing damage to the receiver.

2. Benelli when contacted denies there is any problem with the design and refuses to remedy the situation.

3. Benelli corporate refuses to respond to complaint letters.

4. If the buffer tube can not be removed then any damage to the buffer assembly will require receiver replacement ergo you would need to buy a new shotgun.

What is that some of you members don’t understand when I say it was marketed as a collectable military version? Yes the buffer did not have the usual notches to comply with the AWB and there is an American flag engraved on the receiver but other than those two cosmetic differences the receiver should have been mil spec and the buffer tube should be removable. Just as many AR-15 manufacturers had fixed telescoping stocks and false flash hiders there rifles were still military spec. when it came to all the other components.

Others can disagree with it being marketed as a military version with minor cosmetic differences but obviously they have not thoroughly read the Benelli marketing material, technical data and owners manual which portrays the shotgun as being a military version except for the cosmetic differences. I am not going to further argue how it was marketed as obviously a bate and switch took place.

But let us table the issue of the M1014 being misrepresented as a military version for a moment and address the issue of the non-removable buffer tube assembly. No shotgun or rifle that requires a recoil buffer tube assembly should be designed in such a way that would require you to replace the receiver instead of the buffer tube assembly if wear or damage would cause the buffer tube assembly to fail. If the shotgun was design where the buffer tube could not be replaced then this fact should have been clearly noted in the documentation accompanying the shotgun and all marketing literature. Benelli is negligent for selling a product in which they knew shotgun replacement and not repair was the only option for a failure of a major operating component of the weapon. If Benelli has made a mistake in the design of this shotgun then they should replace the receiver and buffer tube assembly under warranty.