And then there's BB guns, or should I says BB miniguns.

Russ F.

So much for "Hey kid, you'll shoot your eye out!"

Not to be a naysayer, but did anybody notice what remarkable shape the plastic frame surrounding the TV screen was in? They must be using Rhino chokes!!! Also, my knowledge of electronics is limited, but what would cause components (with the exception of large capacitorswhich are charged) to explode and ignite when sitting in the middle of a field, not plugged in, and not struck by lightning??

Originally posted by 69beers:

So much for "Hey kid, you'll shoot your eye out!"

Not to be a naysayer, but did anybody notice what remarkable shape the plastic frame surrounding the TV screen was in? They must be using Rhino chokes!!! Also, my knowledge of electronics is limited, but what would cause components (with the exception of large capacitorswhich are charged) to explode and ignite when sitting in the middle of a field, not plugged in, and not struck by lightning??

A CRT (Cathode Ray Tube) is sealed under pressure and at the yoke contains about 25,000 volts DC. I'm guessing when that voltage was released into the rest of the television that that is what caused the fire, as well if the tv is old enough there are some oil filled components inside that would make things go that way - not a lot of oil, but enough to give you the effects they saw.

I'm really surprised that he was able to break the picture tube with BB's. TV tubes are "tough". Notice he's wearing a face shield for all the BB's that bounced back.

Careful kid! You'll shoot your eye out! :D