SBE II Back-ordered?

shell waster

p.s. on the e-mail deal. About a week or so I emailed franchi to tell them one of the guns' (top of page) on the back of there nem sales catalog the forarm piece of wood isn't set correctly. they emailed me withen 48 hours saying they notified the proper authority. check out the catalog.

I have two SBEll s on order since Feb. I sent Benelli an email asking when they would be available. Over a month later, they emailed me and said it would be end of april, first of May. Nothing yet................I have also requested Cats. Never have heard from them. Maybe someone will read this forum. Maybe not

All I can say is that it really depends on the dealer and when they got their order placed with Benelli. I ordered one from the store I normally buy from and they said months, but I was able to get one out of stock at another store less than a week later. The suggestion I have is that I called Benelli's customer service # and they told me which dealers had the gun I was looking for already shipped to them, it saved me a lot of time and effort. I got the 24" Timber HD in mid-April (too bad the rib was bent so I needed a different one anyway, but had that one within a week too) and just got back from a turkey hunting trip and the bird I got can't argue with the pattern of it either. Just now wanting a super full tube, which they say is in the works with Briley. One dealer I talked to said the gun I already had in my hands was not even being made, so I have to put a lot of the blame on the dealers I was dealing with, not Benelli.

• 2 weeks later...

you will love this !!

this is a reply to a email to the Benelli rep for my state I asked when I would be able to get a sbe2 and this was his replay on may 18

As of now, we have not received any shipment of the SBE 2 in the Max 4

camo. It could be at least 45 days backorder wait on these camo

pattern.

Well friday May 21 my local dealer called and said my gun was in and I picked it up today and he had 10 more

You get the feeling they do not have a clue!!!!!

But it is nice to have it wanted one since I saw the first picture.

In closing it would be nice to have people be honest with there cust!!!!!!!!!

David

Interesting thread. Benelli makes great shotguns, but they are absolute zero's in customer service. Even the local dealers here in Dallas bad mouth them. They always tell you, great gun, but don't expect much support. I called to buy an extra barrell for my SBE. Benelli says none in stock and not available in the near future. They tell you accessories are available in the catalog only to tell you that they are not available when you call (pistol grip for my SBE). You just have to know that you'd better get it right the first time because you are solo after that.

Interesting side note. After the Typical Benelli run around, I bought a Beretta O/U. Service and support were great.

CK

I said it before, and I'll say it again... Benelli shotguns are the nicest I've ever seen. The one I own will be the first and last simply because of the lack of support with even the smallest things. I'm STILL waiting for an email response on my question about how to properly warranty register mine... I sent the email almost 2 months ago.

BenelliShooter -

165820.jpg

pretty self explanitory bud.

1. Fill out the boxes:

-model number (i.e. - Super Black Eagle II..etc.)

-serial number

-purchase date

2. Purchasers name and address:

-who bought the gun

3.Warranty assigned to (if different than purchaser):

-fill this out if responsibility of care and maintainance is going to be given to someone other than the purchaser.

4. Dealer's name and address:

-where the gun was purchased

-- the multiple choice questions are basically marketing questions that they use to get an understanding (demographicaly) of their customers. Filling this out has no effect on your registration/warranty it just aids the company in better understanding their customers.

165825.jpg

-- after it's all filled out throw a stamp on the opposite side, fold it, tape it closed, then throw it in the mail box ...

*Done*

[ 05-30-2004, 01:12 PM: Message edited by: birddog ]

Originally posted by birddog:

BenelliShooter -

165820.jpg

pretty self explanitory bud.

1. Fill out the boxes:

-model number (i.e. - Super Black Eagle II..etc.)

-serial number

-purchase date

2. Purchasers name and address:

-who bought the gun

3.Warranty assigned to (if different than purchaser):

-fill this out if responsibility of care and maintainance is going to be given to someone other than the purchaser.

4. Dealer's name and address:

-where the gun was purchased

-- the multiple choice questions are basically marketing questions that they use to get an understanding (demographicaly) of their customers. Filling this out has no effect on your registration/warranty it just aids the company in better understanding their customers.

165825.jpg

-- after it's all filled out throw a stamp on the opposite side, fold it, tape it closed, then throw it in the mail box ...

*Done*

LOL. Yeah, I know it looks like a simple form, and for the most part is was... all except for the correct model number of a SBE steady grip. I used the number I found on the web site (10140 or something like that...), but it would have been nice for Benelli to get off of their *ahem's* and actually ANSWER a simple question. I mean really, after spending THAT kind of money for a product I expect, no, I demand(!) better customer service! BTW, the model number was not mentioned or printed on anything I got as far as paperwork... and I've even got the original cardboard shipping box.

It's just sad when a great gun maker cares so little about the folks who buy the product...

IMHO, I'm betting Benelli can figure out what model # you have from the serial number. Plus, why not just write the info down in the square? I doubt they care if you stay inside the lines! Write all over it with a black marker, or enclose a copy of your box tab.

For example, I just bought a green Glock G23. There is no model number other than G23. It is not even listed on their website. Does this mean I cannot fill out Glock's warranty card myself??? I wrote "Green Glock 23". It wasn't that hard!

Someone who would base a decision to not buy a gun because a manufacturer failed to answer that type of question, should probably not own guns in general.

Sure, you are absolutley entitled to your opinions, but to spew negativity on their website over a silly issue like that, is really pretty lame.

Think about it, it that really justification for the slams?.....

Just MHO,

mudhen - CA

[ 06-01-2004, 04:59 PM: Message edited by: mudhen ]