Benelli MP95E Atlanta

Washita

I have a Benelli Atlanta MP95E .22 pistol that for some unknown reason suddenly will no longer function with standard velocity ammunition, though it did so for years. It still functions reliably with high velocity ammo.

I also have a 2nd MP95E, and it works well with SV ammo. These are target handguns and should be designed for SV ammo.

The problem seems to be a failure to eject. When the gun jams, the empty case is held by the extractor and is stuck half in & half out of the chamber with the action half open.

So far my efforts to solve the problem have included (1) a thorough cleaning, with special attention to the chamber, (2) a new extractor, and (3) switching recoil springs with the gun that shoots SV ammo OK. I have 4 magazines, and the problem exists with all 4. Since the ejector is part of the magazine, that can't be the problem cause.

Any ideas?

• 5 years later...