SBE11 Not Cycling Properly

wheelr

My SBE2 has failed to cycle second shell on four occasions; all times were in hunting situations using Win high base 23/4 and 3" shells. Very frustrating! I shot two boxes of trap loads this summer and had no problem. Spent shells seem to hang up on extractor pin. Gun was purchased last fall, is clean and well oiled. Has anyone had this problem.

• 2 weeks later...

wheelr, I've had that problem a couple of times and found out that when it happened I didn't have the SBE up tight to the shoulder. Try pulling it in tight and then try it again with out it being tight and you'll see the difference. The action is an Inertia Driven bolt mechanism and the stock must be anchored to work properly.

I had it happen twice. First was firing from the hip on my own "skeet range", just for poohs and grins...after I did this and noticed the jam...I fired three more from the shoulder with not problem. So, I attempted to replicate the problem...and fired from the hip again...again it happened. So with that, I can only say it's because I had no 'backup' behind the stock to allow the inertia system to work properly. Never had a jam or misfeed of any kind in a real actual proper shooting situation....regardless of ammo load.