CORDOBA

BLACK JACK

I was just wondering if anyone else has bought the Cordoba. I shot sporting clays with mine this past weekend. I shot well with it I feel. I broke 77/100 with it the first time out. On skeet broke 23/25. For me I have never done that well using a gun I have never shot before. Oh well, just wanted to get some feed back.

Originally posted by BLACK JACK:

I was just wondering if anyone else has bought the Cordoba. I shot sporting clays with mine this past weekend. I shot well with it I feel. I broke 77/100 with it the first time out. On skeet broke 23/25. For me I have never done that well using a gun I have never shot before. Oh well, just wanted to get some feed back.

I think it's the gun.

Nelli Girl

Last weekend there was an unusually strong vertical pressure gradient ridge trough centered over South Carolina / North Carolina.

This meteorological anomaly affected vertical and lateral shifts in the air currents, as well as a 3% increase in gravitational downforce, believed to have been strengthened by the meteor showers.

Combined, the effects on clay pigeons were profound to say the very least.

Pigeons were slowed by 14.6% and appeared larger than normal, due the shifts in mirage patterns.

Shooters throughout the Carolinas reported record scores, with one Mossberg shooter setting a new state record in Asheville, NC.

/source - NC Dept. of Bovine Excrement

[ 08-19-2005, 05:12 PM: Message edited by: tucker301 ]

Originally posted by BLACK JACK:

Black Jack:

My response was not a negitive comment about your shooting ability- only to point out that I DO believe that the Cordoba is an outstanding product, capable of improving ANY shooters score.

The forums are hosted compliments of Benelli USA to post questions and comments.

Inappropriate language and photos will not be tolerated and those posts will be removed.

If you have nothing productive to post then DO NOT POST in the Benelli USA forums.

Having joined our forum on August 18, perhaps you are unfamiliar with the way the forums normally function.

There are 3894 loyal Benelli USA consumers to date, with genuine concerns, questions and comments: seeking genuine opinions and answers from other consumers.

Lots of consumers make jokes and write posts similar the the post recently made by Tucker. We can appreciate the "lite" side.

Nelli Girl

Benelli USA Forum Moderator

[ 08-19-2005, 09:27 AM: Message edited by: Nelli Girl ]

Having bought four Benelli shotguns in the past three years I also consider myself a loyal Benelli USA consumer I was trying to get what you call "genuine concerns, questions and comments." Instead I got this;

"Last weekend there was an unusually strong vertical pressure gradient ridge trough centered over South Carolina / North Carolina.

This meteorological anomaly affected vertical and lateral shifts in the air currents, as well as a 3% increase in gravitational Dow force, believed to have been strengthened by the meteor showers.

Combined, the effects on clay pigeons were profound to say the very least.

Pigeons were slowed by 14.6% and appeared larger than normal, due the shifts in mirage patterns.

Shooters throughout the Carolinas reported record scores, with one Mossberg shooter setting a new state record in Asheville, NC.

/source - NC Dept. of Bovine Excrement”

Is that what you mean by "genuine concerns, questions and comments: seeking genuine opinions and answers from other consumers."

Maybe you should have taken this well thought out post off from someone who has nothing productive to add.

Oh and tucker301 this is how you spell "Gradient" and what is a dowforce? Did you mean down force?

Sorry for the spelling errors, Black Jack.

I was trying to post while doing my regular day job, and well, work keeps getting in the way.

As Nelli Girl pointed out, the post was very much tongue in cheek and was directed as a sarcastic retort to her assumption that the gun was the primary reason for your admirable scores.

Perhaps a few of these would have been in order?

:D :D :D :D

At any rate, congratulations on your great scores and a hearty welcome to the Benelli boreds.

/that one was intentional :cool:

Sorry if I'm being repititive on this topic but what are the differences between the Supersport and Cordoba? Has anyone owned/shot both and how do they compare? Any special problems encountered. How is recoil with the comfortech system-do both come with the Crio choke system? I have a 30 inch Supersport which I like but am thinking of maybe upgrading to one of the above. I picked up a Supersport and it feels good, a thinner forearm grip and maybe lighter than the Supersport-the carbon-fiber cover is different looking but how it shoots and performs is the most important. Any comments will be appreciated-thanks.

Geno the only difference between the Cordoba and the super sport is the finish. Cordoba is better suited for hunting because of its dull black finish on the gun and the extended chokes. The comforttech stock does make a difference on felt recoil especially when using heavier loads. I am very satisfied with mine.

Thanks for your reply. I looked at pictures of both on the Benelli web-page and except for the receiver area being silver on the SS, they looked and spec'd the same. I have a friend with a SS and finally saw 2 of them on the rack at 2 different gun shops so I'll ask him to let me shoot it and see if I can tell any difference between the SS and my II. I still like a wood shotgun though-for looks if nothing else. Regards from Packer Country!