nova 20gauge problems

dovekiller

I am having problems with my new nova 20 gauge.The shell sometimes is not fully feeding on to the carrier.I was using remington 2.5in shells.I looked at the trouble shooting section and did what it said to do but I dont think it did any good.Has any one had any similar problems?Another thing I was thinking is if it is only chambered in 2.75in and 3in shells and information will be greatly appriciated! :confused:

Originally posted by dovekiller:

I am having problems with my new nova 20 gauge.The shell sometimes is not fully feeding on to the carrier.I was using remington 2.5in shells.I looked at the trouble shooting section and did what it said to do but I dont think it did any good.Has any one had any similar problems?Another thing I was thinking is if it is only chambered in 2.75in and 3in shells and information will be greatly appriciated! :confused:

[ July 16, 2003, 03:37 PM: Message edited by: waterfowler1 ]

I have had problems with my nova 20 also. My problem is that shells load from the magazine on top of the carrier and under the bolt while it is still closed, jamming the action. The only way to clear the action is to disassemble the firearm. I think this is caused by the carrier not locking in the up position while loading the magazine. I just sent my nova 20 into benelli for repair. I will let you know what happens. BTW I also own nova 12 that works flawlessly and is the reason I bought the 20.

As for your problem are the shells stuck between the magazine and the carrier or jammed like mine? Where did you find 2.5 inch shell? could be a problem.

waterfowler1 what is hapening is that the shell is partly in the magazine tube and partly on the carrier so while I'm pumping twards my body I get a bit past half way and then it stops and wont allow me to pump any longer because it is not fully on the carrier and is being hung up in the magazine tube.I was told by a gun smith that I may need to experiment with different brand shells and see if that will help.He also said that the sprimg inside the magazine tube felt good.I cleaned out the magazine tube and made shure the spring was proper length after all this I cant tell if we helped at all but I will shoot some trap this weekend and see if the problem still hapens :eek:

I have the exact same problem. I bought a Benelli 20 ga. and it jammed on me after two rounds had been shot-repeatedly. The shells would not feed properly and you couldn't shoot once then load, shoot twice, then load etc. I called Benelli and they weren't a whole lot of help. Several gunstores told me that since it was a new gun, it might take awhile for it to "loosen up" but there is no way that the feeding problems I'm experiencing are goint to go away by the gun loosening up. Anybody got any thoughts?

Originally posted by dovekiller:

I have shot my gun last weekend and it didn't jam.I shot 2 boxes and if worked good.I still am not sure if it is fixed but if it is then I fixed it by opening up the magazine tube and runing my cleening rod through it with a cleaner on the end then oiling it a little.I hope this helps some one.

i have a nova 12g and it works excellent. in the past 1 1/2 the gun has never jammed or locked up with me. i would try disassembling the gun and oiling it up and trying to break it in its worth teh try but i dont know if it will work.