Questions about the M3 Semi/Pump version.

Piney

Hi all!

I'm new to this forum and just bought my very first Shot Gun. I was wondering what you all make of the M3, and does anyone here own one. I should be able to pick it up in the next 10 days or so, can't wait. By the way, I been thinking on picking up a few goodies like a side saddle and a tactical light from sure fire, but am a bit hesitant whether the forend will fit the M3. According to Surefires web site I am under the impression this forend will work only with the Super 90. The link to the forend are down below, do you guys think it will work?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks You smile.gif smile.gif

http://www.surefire.com/cgi-bin/main.pl?pgm=co_disp&func=displ&sesent=0,0&carfnbr=120

[ August 10, 2003, 04:21 PM: Message edited by: Piney ]

Piney,

A couple of thoughts. Call Chad @ Cal's Sporting Armory (http://www.calssportingarmory.com/) and ask him about the fore end. He sold an M3 recently and should know. He also sells Surefire and knows the product range inside out. And, he has some of the best prices on Surefire anywhere. As an alternative, you could get a ring mount that attaches to the mag tube and has a small weaver rail. Then, you could attach an M3 by Insight Technologies. I did that with my M1014 and it works well. The M3 is really light and the new ones have tactical LEDs in various colors. I got the green, as it has been found to be the best in retaining night vision (yes, even better than red). If you want to stick with Surefire, you can get a mag tube mount ring and hang the 6P on it. And in both light manufacturer cases, you can buy alternative rear caps with extension wires and built in pressure switches and mount these where you like on the gun. Hope that helps a bit. Stay safe and enjoy the M3. I am envious, have been looking at that one for sometime. Stay safe. Tacman.

I've got an M3 and am very fond of it...

I am a die hard Benelli fan, so it makes a good defense gun since I use Benelli's for hunting - all function is the same and control location is identical (with the obvious exception being the pump option)...

• 2 months later...
Originally posted by Piney:

Hi all!

I'm new to this forum and just bought my very first Shot Gun. I was wondering what you all make of the M3, and does anyone here own one. I should be able to pick it up in the next 10 days or so, can't wait. By the way, I been thinking on picking up a few goodies like a side saddle and a tactical light from sure fire, but am a bit hesitant whether the forend will fit the M3. According to Surefires web site I am under the impression this forend will work only with the Super 90. The link to the forend are down below, do you guys think it will work?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks You smile.gif smile.gif

http://www.surefire.com/cgi-bin/main.pl?pgm=co_disp&func=displ&sesent=0,0&carfnbr=120

if you want to customize your gun you should by a mossberg 500/590 or reminton 870 they got some great stuff for those guns but the forend should work

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by Jarhead:

I've got an M3 and am very fond of it...

I am a die hard Benelli fan, so it makes a good defense gun since I use Benelli's for hunting - all function is the same and control location is identical (with the obvious exception being the pump option)...

JarHead....have you had a chance to compare {Shoot}....both the M3 & the M4??...What's your opinion to the M3 in Auto mode & he M4??Thanks for any info..:)

Stay safer1