shotgun rounds for home defence

waffenmacht

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lmao, what i described was a double barrel shotgun that fires both barrels with one pull of the trigger. thats a far cry from a machine gun, and by the way there not illegal as long as the barrels are 18" or over.and prices i qouted is for Dragon Skin personal armor.

Any weapon that fires more than 1 round with 1 pull of the trigger is considered by the BATF to be a machinegun. Ghey, I know, but the law is the law and excuses won't get your out of jail.

well thats odd. me and three friends hunt dove every year with the parker county sheriff.one of the guys we hunt with has an old lefever double barrel shotgun that has 2 triggers. if you pull the rear trigger on it before you pull the front trigger, it fires both barrels. he has even shot it, and never made any commemt other than it kicks like a mule.i do know that federal laws are supposed to be NATION wide,but even federal laws vary from state to state. and before you make an arguement , think what states allow concealed carrying of a hand gun with a license and what states dont. these are also federal laws in conjunction with state laws.you can carry a concealed weapon on your person in texas with a CHL, as well as any other state that has the CHL law.if you dont have a CHL, its interstate transportation of a firearm. thousands of shotguns were made in earlier years that fired both barrels by pulling the rear trigger first. to name a few Lefever,Stevens,and Winchester. i did make mistake though, a Greener shotgun only has one trigger and two hammers. to fire both barrels, you simply pull back both hammers and let er rip. i did check with the state police in Dallas, and they said as long as the weapon came like that from the factory, it was not considered illegal.only if you converted it .but if you used it in an illegal manner it would be possible to charged as such.

Lol, you haven't seen very many OIS reports have you? I still remember one where an officer shot some kid point blank in the chest cavity with OO Buck. Kid ran 45 yards. Coroner said the heart/lungs "were shredded". Kid was drug-free, just being stupid and pointed a weapon (don't remember if it was real or a look-alike) at the cop in his cruiser.

The human body is so much tougher than you give it credit for. So much more.

what higher praise for 00 buck?

well thats odd. me and three friends hunt dove every year with the parker county sheriff.one of the guys we hunt with has an old lefever double barrel shotgun that has 2 triggers. if you pull the rear trigger on it before you pull the front trigger, it fires both barrels. he has even shot it, and never made any commemt other than it kicks like a mule.i do know that federal laws are supposed to be NATION wide,but even federal laws vary from state to state. and before you make an arguement , think what states allow concealed carrying of a hand gun with a license and what states dont. these are also federal laws in conjunction with state laws.you can carry a concealed weapon on your person in texas with a CHL, as well as any other state that has the CHL law.if you dont have a CHL, its interstate transportation of a firearm. thousands of shotguns were made in earlier years that fired both barrels by pulling the rear trigger first. to name a few Lefever,Stevens,and Winchester. i did make mistake though, a Greener shotgun only has one trigger and two hammers. to fire both barrels, you simply pull back both hammers and let er rip. i did check with the state police in Dallas, and they said as long as the weapon came like that from the factory, it was not considered illegal.only if you converted it .but if you used it in an illegal manner it would be possible to charged as such.

Sigh* I hope this will keep anyone from listening to Splash and getting in a world of legal hurt.

Any weapon which shoots automatically more than one shot, without

manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger meets the

definition of a machinegun in section 5845(b) of the NFA.

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs/user/wbardwel/public/nfalist/atf_letter90.txt

Second paragraph, point 2.

This definition SQUARLY AND COMPLETELY includes a shotgun that will fire both barrels (fires more than one shot...) without manual reloading...yep, it's a double-barrel, means 2 chambers, so no re-loading...pulled the trigger once, so that is a "single function" of the trigger.

Some people cannot be saved from themselves. Carry on.

you are right. by federal defenition a gun that fires more than one shot with a single pull of the trigger, does define it as a machinegun. i looked it up on www.atf.treas.gov/firearms/faq/index.htm but the penalty is up to 10yrs and a fine of up to $10,000.00 i refer you to title 26 U.S. code chapter 53. it also states that if you own a firearm without a serial#, you are supposed to obtain one from A.T.F. i was not aware of that either. i have several old guns that do not have serial #s. i can admit when im wrong. i also called A.T.F in Dallas again, and told him what i found.i told him of the issue at hand and he told me not to post his name, so i wont. i talked to a different agent that said there was a legal loop hole in that a "double barrel shotgun" would not fall under that catagory due to the fact that it does NOT fire one shot after another,and cant be altered to do so.but fires both barrels simultaneuosly with a single pull of the trigger, and it cannot be fired again with out reloading each barrel.if you could alter one to fire the left barrel then the right with a single pull of the trigger , might be a different issue. the fact is that it has two seperate barrels and two seperate chambers.an automatic shotgun with one barrel would be a whole different story.he brought it to my attention that no where in the laws, does it specify a double barrel shotgun of this type for that reason.he also stated that the likliness of anyone doing anything about it would be slim unless it was used in a crime.i told him of the link you posted and again he asked me if i noticed that it does not mention a shotgun of any type, but rather ar-15 and m-16s.in an ending statement he said, no one has ever went to jail for having a double barrel shotgun capable of firing both barrels.he even mentioned the old Greener double hammer 10ga. so if you just want to argue with someone, call the ATF, and argue with them about it!

you are right. by federal defenition a gun that fires more than one shot with a single pull of the trigger, does define it as a machinegun. i looked it up on www.atf.treas.gov/firearms/faq/index.htm but the penalty is up to 10yrs and a fine of up to $10,000.00 i refer you to title 26 U.S. code chapter 53. it also states that if you own a firearm without a serial#, you are supposed to obtain one from A.T.F. i was not aware of that either. i have several old guns that do not have serial #s. i can admit when im wrong. i also called A.T.F in Dallas again, and told him what i found.i told him of the issue at hand and he told me not to post his name, so i wont. i talked to a different agent that said there was a legal loop hole in that a "double barrel shotgun" would not fall under that catagory due to the fact that it does NOT fire one shot after another,and cant be altered to do so.but fires both barrels simultaneuosly with a single pull of the trigger, and it cannot be fired again with out reloading each barrel.if you could alter one to fire the left barrel then the right with a single pull of the trigger , might be a different issue. the fact is that it has two seperate barrels and two seperate chambers.an automatic shotgun with one barrel would be a whole different story.he brought it to my attention that no where in the laws, does it specify a double barrel shotgun of this type for that reason.he also stated that the likliness of anyone doing anything about it would be slim unless it was used in a crime.i told him of the link you posted and again he asked me if i noticed that it does not mention a shotgun of any type, but rather ar-15 and m-16s.in an ending statement he said, no one has ever went to jail for having a double barrel shotgun capable of firing both barrels.he even mentioned the old Greener double hammer 10ga. so if you just want to argue with someone, call the ATF, and argue with them about it!

Since a man went to jail over a malfunctioning AR-15 when the manufacturere themselves said that the weapon was defective from the factory, I would be willing to bet that they MIGHT just use high-speed photography to prove that one barrel was one millisecond faster than the other. It is impossible for both to fire at the same EXACT! time. I wouldn't want to take a chance. The legality of stuff can be wicked. I agree though, Bubba hunting ducks or whatnot with this double-barrel is in little danger of legal action unless he REALLY ticks someone off. However, if he used it to kill someone (even protecting his life/home), the family of that someone may try to make something of it. It has happened before.

I do have one more question about why you used extreme shock ammunition given this information you gave me. I will use your words: "What higher praise for Extreme Shok?"

im aware of how things work in the real world. maybe you have noticed i dont much take anybodys word. ive have done a lot of testing on handgun ammo, shotgun ammo, and choke tubes, as well as rifle ammo and ballistics. i didnt get my info off the computer.ive shot at NRA matches from age 6, im now 45.i went out and tryed a lot of different variations to get the answers myself. i didnt take someone elses word for it. and admit it or not, nothing is written in stone. there are too many variations. but i do try other peoples ideas. im looking forward to try out shooting the wet newspapers idea, if i ever get enough of them. idont pay attention to marketing and hype. if i see something that catches my eye, i try it out.admittedly, i shot a 2x6 with the extreme shock ammo, and it only went a 1/3 of the way into the board. the shooting of 2x6s was refered to me by MasterSeargent Terry Keys USMC. he said thats what United States Marine Corp uses to test thier ammo out on.[and taliban] he said a single 2x6 has close to the same density as the human sternum. if a bullet does not completely penatrate a 2x6, it will not penatrate the sternum either.FMJ 45 will penatrate 2, 2x6s. a lead or hollow point will not.

Back on subject just use some Winchester Buckshot #00 2 3/4".Even out of my SuperNova tactical it makes a nice pattern just smaller than a basketball at 10-15 yards.

Which Winchester buckshot? I used the OO buck Winchester Supreme XX 2.75" 12 pellet plated/buffered load. At 40 yards through my M4 with a mod choke It will put a minimum of 2 pellets in a 6" circle dead center POA every time. At 25 yards, almost all the pellets are in a chest-size area. Great stuff!