Difference between SBEII qne M2

Jprice

I am trying to determine what the difference is between the SBEII and the M2. I have heard that the only difference is that the SBEII shoots 3 1/2'' shells, and have also had someone tell me that the action is different as well. Can anyone clear up this delima?

No mid bead (M2) vs. mid bead (SBEII), slope on the receiver vs. a more hump back receiver on the SBE II, the trigger guards are shaped a little differently. Both guns use the same mechanics and barrels.

When the SBE II is stripped for cleaning, you have access to the trigger mechanism because the top of the receiver is part of the barrel. This allows easier cleaning of the receiver. Also this makes it easier to remove the trigger assembly for cleaning.

What types of shooting will you be doing with your M2 or SBEII?

For the SBEII, the minimum load is 3 Dr powder with 1 1/8 oz shot for the SBE and I assume the SBEII.

I would break-in the SBEII with Turkey loads unless you are trying to use the 7/8 oz loads. Then you might need to replace the recoil tube spring with a lighter spring.

I own a SBEII and broke in my gun with 100 rounds of Turkey loads.

This will help take the stiffness out of the recoil spring.

I put 50 shells of 3" and 50 shells of 3 1/2" just to make sure the gun performed correctly. I used the following:

50 shells of Winchester Supreme Double X Magnum Turkey Loads 3” with Max Dr. Eq. At 2 Oz.

50 shells of Winchester Supreme Double X Magnum Turkey Loads 3 1/2" with Max. Dr. at 2 1/4 Oz.

Regards threeshot

Originally posted by Jprice:

I am trying to determine what the difference is between the SBEII and the M2. I have heard that the only difference is that the SBEII shoots 3 1/2'' shells, and have also had someone tell me that the action is different as well. Can anyone clear up this delima?

Thanks for the input. I will be doing mostly dove and quail hunitng with an occasional duck and pheasant hunt thrown in. The only time I usually hunt Turkey is when I am deer hunting, and so I just use my deer rifle. I don't beleive I have any real use for the 3 1/2'' shells in these cituations, but am open to anyones opinion on the subject.