Still not firing

blackdogs

Ok I have read the owners manual and followed it. I am using premium shells with 1 3/8 oz of shot. I was out goose hunting and twice had the second shot go click.

Now my buddies say to give it a ton of rem oil to the point it is dripping. They have been shooting theirs for a long time with no issues. They don't use the reccomended benneli oil. Any thoughts on this?

Don't spray that much oil in the action of the gun,your just asking for problems, especially with Rem oil because it gets sticky when it gets cold. I think your friends are lucky that they haven't had any problems. I use the supplied Benelli oil on the inside of the gun and have had no problems. Breakfree CLP or Hoppes Elite are also good choices, I use Breakfree on my AR15 and have never had a problem with functioning,even in extreme cold. Also you never stated what model gun you had or what type of ammo your using. If your gun is a SBE you might want to try to talk to Tucker301, he knows quite a bit about the SBE and how to fix functioning problems.

I know this sounds obvious but I have been through this with my M2, cleaning, polishing, oiling, smoothing edges finally sending back to Benelli. All to no avail - it was the cartridges it didn't like. A UK brand called "Gamebore".

Changed 'em, fixed it, 'nuff said. :D

photopro