Sporting Clays

Maddie's Dad

I just purchased a new SBE and decided to take it to shoot Sporting Clays yesterday. The gun worked perfect. My only questions are if I wanted to improve the visability of the front sight what would I use? Also what is the choke tube recommended for shooting Clays, skeet and or trap? Lastly can one purchase screw in tubes that can be changed quickly and without using a wrench? They extend beyond the barrel

Originally posted by Maddie's Dad:

My only questions are if I wanted to improve the visability of the front sight what would I use?

First of all, it is a lot better to focus on the bird rather than the sight. That said, you can install one of several models of fiber optic sights made by Truglo (Truglo wing and clay shooting) or Hi Viz. These are very easy to install (on the magnetic models all you have to do is pop them in on top of the barrel or the rib), and they do increase the visibility.

wing_stoppe_sm.jpg

Also what is the choke tube recommended for shooting Clays, skeet and or trap?
For skeet use the "Skeet" choke, AKA cylinder choke (five stars, five notches). If you don't have a skeet tube use an improved cylinder choke (four stars, four notches). For trap use either Full choke (one star, one notch), improved modified (two stars, two notches), or modified (three stars, three notches). For Sporting Clays, read this article: Single Choke Tube for Sporting Clays

Lastly can one purchase screw in tubes that can be changed quickly and without using a wrench? They extend beyond the barrel
Yes. You can buy Benelli or 3rd party. Check out the Benelli ones on this link:Benelli extended tubes

access-pr-ex-criochokes.jpg