Problem with forend on new M2...

wigeonkiller

I just traded my montefeltro for a new M2 12/28 in max camo. When I got it home I noticed that the forend would not slide all the way off the magazine tube. After reviewing the manual it seems as though it should.

It also looks like there is a small crack in the forend at the last connecting bridge on the barrel side of the forend closest to the receiver (I'll try to post a picture later).

Has anyone else had this problem? Please provide some advise.

Also, What's with the case? It seems like they are using the same case that my 4 year old montefeltro came with. Unfortunately the choke tubes are no longer short enough to fit in choke tube slots. And, the trigger does not fit in the receiver slot without sliding it into an opening below the top piece of plastic. Are they running behind on the case design or did my dealer give me the wrong case?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.